This is an excellent job, however

There is nothing on the cd that comes close to afternoons or early mornings on kzon 101.5 in Phoenix...

It's not safe to let kids listen to the radio here.:(

The great irony for me is that my tune contains one of those words that would not make it on network TV.

. . . and so I cannot play it for my 13-year-old daughter.

:(

So, I agree that perhaps those tunes which may require a 'Parental Advisory' sticker should all go on the same CD. The probelm is that there are not enough of those tumes to fill one CD - so who gets 'penalized' by being put on the 'nasty musicians!' CD?

And would it be considered to be being penalized?

My own solution for Volume III?

Don't submit a tune with anything questionalbe in it.

I'd want a sticker saying 'Parental Advisory, May contain implicit lyrics'.

And then I also wanna tell all of you to wisen up. If you can't play a song to your kids because of the lyrics in the, they better be a song about you selling them into slavery to buy new gear. ;) Because I can promise you that all your 13 year old daughters and sons have already heard all the words you aren't supposed to say on TV.

(Although they might not know what they mean. :) )

Absolutely true - but me using them condones them using them - which I don't.

Artistic license is a weird thing - the song was written from the point of view of a particular individual - and it is difficult for a 13 year old to understand that concept.

Yeah, THAT I can understand. That the lyrics may be hard for them to understand, and that they might think they are about someone which they aren't.

But you don't need to have any explicit lyrics for that.

foo said:

So, I agree that perhaps those tunes which may require a 'Parental Advisory' sticker should all go on the same CD. The probelm is that there are not enough of those tumes to fill one CD - so who gets 'penalized' by being put on the 'nasty musicians!' CD?

My tune was an instrumental,but I would still consider it an honor to be on the "nasty musicians"cd!:D

regebro said:
Yeah, THAT I can understand. That the lyrics may be hard for them to understand, and that they might think they are about someone which they aren't.

But you don't need to have any explicit lyrics for that.

The character of the person in the song would use the words that are in the song - but I wouldn't (not in earshot of any 13-year-old anyway) - and that's why they are in the song.

Back