This dude has ill beats

F Major said:
Nice! I figured this would be the natural progression of things...
Dude - I don't care for your negative-impression marketing/spam, but you still didn't deserve that idiot's comments.

The majority of people here aren't racist assholes like that moron apparently is....

i'm feeling that........

yo F Major, i'm feeling your music man. being from the westcoast, you definitely know how to bring the funk. man, i can picture pac, daz, xzibit, snoop, even dj quick all over your tracks. keep up the heat homeboy, and welcome to homerecording.

blue bear

hey blue bear, it's always nice whenever you drop in on the hip hop forum. I still have your demo cd, your mixes are aces. i'm still hanging on to your info for mastering work. i was very impressed with the speedy delivery of your demo cd as well as the quality.

I usually stay out of threads that drift towards negative... But

DonaldChang said:
This portion of the quote has been edited by SPINSTERWUN because of racist remarks made by DonaldChang

Ban this racist punk b*tch!!!

You would never come out tha face like that to a person of color face 2 face. I see that u like to play online, but mind yourself simp.

BTW FM the tracks are Fya as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing about this whole thing is that I was expecting some really hot beats from this Fieva guy from all the trash he was talking...but my god dude your beats are hot garbage, thats no hate, just honesty, you need work...Now from the sounds of Fmajor you can tell this guy is a vet, Major the beats are amazing man...Fieva maybe you should take a listen to some of them, you can learn something from this guy.

D-Lace said:
The funny thing about this whole thing is that I was expecting some really hot beats from this Fieva guy from all the trash he was talking...but my god dude your beats are hot garbage, thats no hate, just honesty, you need work...Now from the sounds of Fmajor you can tell this guy is a vet, Major the beats are amazing man...Fieva maybe you should take a listen to some of them, you can learn something from this guy.

I take that as honesty and I wasn't talking trash just talking about progress. I appreciate your honesty though. But since we're discussing that, what about my music did you not like? Seems to be a fair question.

Right now they just sound a little on the amateurish side. You have alot of the basic fundamentals down, but overall they still sound like you havent been making beats that long and you tracks just scream out amateur. With time you will get better.

See what confuses me is that I hear this, yet I have sold quite a few tracks locally the last couple of years and done some custom work as well. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the opinion because everybody needs honesty. I just don't get that if it's so bad and amateurish, why does it sell? I just haven't sold online yet only because I haven't put much word out about it and probably won't until I'm finished with the website and the beats I already have that i'm mixing down.

3 years ago, my beats were no where near the level they are at now, and I was getting sales. If the demand where you are is high, then the product will sell. Alot of indie artist will take amateurish beats because it matches their abilities. So you selling tracks doesnt say much about the quality, trust me I was there three years ago. This is not a diss, this is just the truth, your tracks are good enough to sell to local acts and some emcees online, but not good enough to get you in the rap industry or sell to any big name artists yet. Just my opinion

I will respond to this thread in ten (10) to fifteen (15) minutes. I am in a quandry about deleting the entire thread.

SPIN

Funny you should mention that because that's where I'm aiming right now. I don't want to be in the industry, personally. I rap because I like to. I make beats because I like to as well. I think you tend to lose focus when the focus is on money. I know that things and skill changes with time. I'm sure you could listen to some and tell which ones were made earlier and later. See, the money I've made off selling beats basically goes back into my studio to fund what I like to do. Would I make beats for a major label? Maybe. That wasn't my initial intention. The big labels have the income and the connections to get whatever beat they want. My game is the huge amount of unknowns trying to get their start somewhere. Why? There's more of them. The more people you can sell too, the more variety you have to sell to. This means the more that you can get a hold of, the more chance that you have to sell. And since I'm forever trying to upgrade equipment, why sit and hope for a big sell when I can go make a lot of smaller sales to make up for it and still get where I want to be in the long run. Kind of like the drug business/hustle, same principle.

That makes sense doesn't it.

Mo-Kay said:
hey cool it with the N word donald...

is that your real name btw? God thats a first name-last name combination (no offense...I'm Chinese too)

Thank you, as well, Mo-Kay.

spin

Hi_D_Ho_Man said:
Ban this racist punk b*tch!!!

You would never come out tha face like that to a person of color face 2 face. I see that u like to play online, but mind yourself simp....

Thank you HDHM. I am sure that the intensity of your post has let DonaldChang know the fury that people feel when they encounter racist remarks.

spin

Fieva said:
I just don't get that if it's so bad and amateurish, why does it sell?
honestly

producers, musicians, beatmakers in general will give u a much better opinion than some one buyin a beat
i mean
swizz beats sells. .......think about the joints hes put out not counting bring em out an hustler...
his shit sounds so corny its not even funny (to me anyway)
but he sells
because rappers dunno shit about music theory, they dunno what keys to hit
they dunno how chords should change

they jus might like the sounds, or the feeling what ever
we as musicians see the complicated side and might say it seems amateurish
but to them it could be the hottest shit theyve ever heard cuz they dont dive into all that.

That makes sense man. I know when I was just rapping, I liked stuff for how it sounded, even when it was mixed horribly. Now I start to see differences that I didn't see before. Truth be known, since my game is the unknown artist market, many of them would probably sell, like they have in the past.

These days, I might like the sounds first and then how they're put together secondly. After that, I take a listen to how they're mixed together and what might be lacking. If anyone else wants to listen and give their opinion, please do.

Thanks everyone.

Back