the way it is

You guys are still posting in this thread?? ha ha ha

I thought this guy was dead anyways...something about a rodeo accident:D

H2H

hi, i am being alex adat. professionals are doing funny things from times to time and i can help you from this. do you saying to yourself he is not doing the rite thing to my music? he is not going pro on it accurately? come with me to my home. i can do it better too.

i have beringher which is very good. as good as class a discrete desinged api. can you tell the difference, i can't either. i can use digital dsp which is new and very good. i have a nice square shaped room with flutter echos and lots of first reflections and a closet to record in if you want dryer. you cannot being telling the difference to closet recording when you are using mpx100. it is true stereo so no phasing problems and it will make your closet sound big! big and smooth and beautful. i am finding it much better than reverb chamber and well recorded acoustically designed room with expensive room mics. i am having so much more time at home then big pro man recording guy to practice recording drums which is really very easy. i do amazing things and know how to meter to check if mics are out of phase. i even know alot sometimes about mics set up for the angle of incidence to prevent phasing problems. i put my head close to the kick drum and listen for best spot from time to time and even know how a guitar sounds so beautiful at sound hole and fingerboard fret number. and i mix them both to get amazing sounds. so pro. and when i am listening back to your beautiful pro sounds recorded with expensive studio owned and tuned equipment over my jbl 4026 and aleiss ra100 power amp that has professinally been matched very often to the monitor it sounds so pro. especially in my square room with low ceilings. i just open my closet and it is a bass trap! it is being so professional and good sounding as to make you super happy. i have eliminated or diffused 1st relflections like the big pro's and i even have 20 years of experience tracking and mixing to help you go super pro. i even have plastic molded hosa cabling, not home made mogami cabling. it is even super pretty with colors and will make you feel comfortable. you do not need a floating drum floor. you do not need various isolation booths and tuned monitoring room. you do not need high tracking ceilings with good diffusion. you do not need to master at a mastering facility with a 1/2 million dollar monitoring system and 70,000 dollar compressors and hand built consoles. i am doing it at home very professionally and super good which is why i charge $35 an hour.

So what the hell does this guy want? A medal? Shoulda got an education. Dude, you are embarrassing yourself, I'm ashamed for you...stop.

Sweetnubs -

I find it interesting that you refuse to produce any kind of credentials that would lend any weight to what you've posted, even in the face of repeated requests from other members.

You make allusions in most posts to your long history as a musician and recordist, and your jet-setting to LA to record, yet when asked to name some names, the response is silence, or worse yet, a redirected attack at the other individual or a tangental argument.

Why is that?

- housepig

Well, one must admit that beneath the smarmy and egotistical exterior, he's kind of a funny guy. Vaguely reminiscent of Jeap/Wascal in his early days.

If anyone is looking for some lighter reading in an even more humorous vein, I finally checked out the "How Many Engineers to Change a Light Bulb" thread. That's turning into one entertaining thread!

Damn LD, are you just now getting around to that thread?

It keeps getting better. I hope they're still speaking to you tomorrow.;)

Well he hasn't posted any credits or links to credits, so he has lost all credibility with me. Some 15 year old kid that likes to read a lot.

sweetnubs said:
go figure: the good old US of A trained the taliban and supplied arms to the general afganhistan populace to overthrow the russians. many people did not want to do this (in afganhistan) and we promised them that we would help them recoup their losses, i.e. funding for rebuilding the country, new schools, etc. but instead, after they were succesful, we immediately pulled out. go figure people are pissed. the same thing occured with iran/iraq. the us is only an imperialistic country that cares about its interests. look at nicaruaga, panama, east timoor etc., i for one am currently considering moving to europe. christ in germany if a 3rd party receives 10 percent of the vote, they get 10
percent of the representives. it's a true representative democracy unlike our two party bullshit aristocracy. and their gear is better. kids, it really is about oil and securing natural resources. america is full of ego and highly lacking in education and empathy outside of its tiny hollywood corporate borders. learn about who owns the media you read. yes boys and girls, mean spirited sweetnubs is a liberal. please don't confuse me with a democrat who i consider only moderate republicans.

what in the hell? someone said something about how i should go and listen to the mp3 section to decide what gear actually sucks. jesus h. christ on a popsicle stick. mp freakin' 3. as if 16/44.1 wasn't bad enough, i'm supposed to judge audio quality from compressed digital. at least give me dvd 24/96 for christ's sake. might as well bring back the god-awful casette then. (i tried to take the lord's name in vain as many times as possible for all you religious nuts that cause a good majority of the worlds problems.
i might be going to hell, but it will be more fun than being blissfully satisified and happy which only sounds like a metaphor for heroine to me.)

sweetnubs is sweet on all y'all . . .

HAHA, i agree with a lot of what your saying, but what you have to understand is the way you say it pisses people off, cause you sound ignorant and full of yourself. Even if the information your trying to portray is correct, it somehow comes across as wrong. A lot of that sorta anti america stuff rings in true, because it is true. But a lot of the stuff your saying about home recording is either sorta right, but said badly, or totaly wrong. I think its cause your pissed off about all the home studios stealing your business, which is understandable. BUT, what about 90 percent of us on here that aren't selling our services and are just doing it for a hobby and for the love of it?

I think it comes down to the fact that you do know what your talking about, at least somewhat, but your attitude and mannerism for expressing it is horrible. Yes, we all know that pro studio recordings are much better quality, and indie rock sucks, and cheap home studio gear isn't as good as pro gear, and old gear will do the just, just as new gear will, etc... Doesn't mean you have to tell us that because it isn't as good, its totaly worthless and that anyone who uses it is a simpleton and not fit to breathe. Anyways, im not trying to bash you, just saying your not totaly wrong, just being an asshole sometimes.

by the way i didn't read this entire thread because i started melting, so maybe i put my foot in my mouth?

sweetnubs said:

ps: "i did natlie cole's unforgettable on ns10's."-al schmitt

Al Schmitt could do a great mix using a pair of oatmeal boxes and a piece of string.

But you might be interested to know that Al has a pair of Marshall MXL V67G's and a pair of MXL 603's, and he thinks they're pretty good sounding mics, and very usable.

Jeez, sweetnubs

All you're charging is $35 an hour? Clearly, you should be at a hundred. What's the matter?

I think I'll go and change my name to "Fixed it in the mix."

Can you give me any good advice on a decent large diaphragm condenser mic for under two hundred bucks? Nobody seems to have an opinion around here about that.

Let's see... Oh, right.

Are Monster cables any good?

------------------------------
I just took your last customer and screwed up his tracks. But it's OK 'cause my buddy has digital monitors. We'll fix it in the mix.

:rolleyes:

jesus h. christ in a chicken basket, do you all have metal plates in your heads? need i point out my last post was a tougne-n-cheek mockery of all the home recordists that try to pass themselves off as professionals. yes indeed, you are jack ortmon.

sweetnubs said:
need i point out my last post was a tougne-n-cheek mockery of all the home recordists that try to pass themselves off as professionals.

And how would that make the last post different from all your other posts?

Hey Jack Nubsman, don't you have to go polish your Behringer? What a complete fucking moron you are. It must be horrible to be stupid.

Back