Not open for further replies.
Oh and:

fuck_you_im_an_anteater.jpg

Yeah well:

anteater_blueheroncopy.jpg

Oh! OK:

pleased-to-meet-you-im-an-anteater.jpg

Sorry just had too.........:)

So youze guys want gear pics or whut? I got like a used music crap store in my basement. I could choke dat dere elephant up dere wit pics...

Just youze wait...

That silver mixer looks awfully familiar. I'm pretty sure the mixer I give singers/musicians to adjust their monitor mix is the 12 channel version of that...eurorack MX? And are those mogami/amphenol cables I see? Fancy!

This is working fine, anyway :D
Yes, it's my beloved Behri mini mixer. Works fine for its use there. The pre's are kind of edgy but I don't use them... just use the mixer for, well, mixing:D - recorded tracks, line out from guitar amp, drum machine, verb and delay, etc. I've got a Tascam US122 going into another laptop (not pictured) in the teaching studio that's used for its pre's, which are pretty good as budget pre's go. A line out from that to the Behri makes for good live mic'd sound too when I need that in lessons, which is rarely.

Please note the FMR Really Nice Compressor at the bottom of the pile on the right. I use it there on supernice mode but w/very high ratio and threshold to protect the speakers in the studio, which are just small home stereo speakers.

I've got an older Ramsa 20 channel board that has two bad channels. It still does the job for me. I don't know for sure, but my ears think the pres in it are pretty good! Sometimes I wonder if I should even bother with some of the outboard pres that I have.

Anybody else ever used Ramsa stuff?

Reactions: XLR
I've got an older Ramsa 20 channel board that has two bad channels. It still does the job for me. I don't know for sure, but my ears think the pres in it are pretty good! Sometimes I wonder if I should even bother with some of the outboard pres that I have.

Nope.

How is the transient response?

Ever done the key-jangle test with a pre?

And WhiteStrat and PhilGood, talk is cheap. It doesn't exist if it's not pictured here.

Yes, it's my beloved Behri mini mixer. Works fine for its use there. The pre's are kind of edgy but I don't use them... just use the mixer for, well, mixing:D - recorded tracks, line out from guitar amp, drum machine, verb and delay, etc. I've got a Tascam US122 going into another laptop (not pictured) in the teaching studio that's used for its pre's, which are pretty good as budget pre's go. A line out from that to the Behri makes for good live mic'd sound too when I need that in lessons, which is rarely.
Hey, I wasn't by any means suggesting it's a POS or anything, just shouting out something I recognized, :D I've actually never even heard the preamps on mine. I salvaged it from an old work-place junk-closet, tore it down, cleaned it up, de-rustified it, and dubbed it a "monitor mix...mixer so no more picky folks asking for more X, Y, or Z" Works great for that! People who've never been presented with such control love it, too, saying they feel much more comfortable having said control.

Please note the FMR Really Nice Compressor at the bottom of the pile on the right. I use it there on supernice mode but w/very high ratio and threshold to protect the speakers in the studio, which are just small home stereo speakers.
Duly noted ;)

I'll try to take some pics later on...I gotta clean this place up a bit, first, though :D:D....and find my camera, lol.

Fine...here's my hole in the wall.:cool:

Attachments

• New_Studio4.jpg
    New_Studio4.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 48
  • New_Studio1.jpg
    New_Studio1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 50
  • New_Studio3.jpg
    New_Studio3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 48
  • New_Studio5.jpg
    New_Studio5.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 48
Good idea. I publicly vow to never post again in that morbidly appealing train wreck.

Yeah, I unsubscribed from that thread a long time ago. Just couldn't stand to see all the attention he was getting.

this is cruel!

Uh-ohhh, lost his audience. No more attention. It hurts!! :D :D

Nice idea, XLR. I'll get a pic of my work space up soon.

Last edited:

No, but I've heard similarly good things about it. Often thought about snagging some Ramsa gear and checking it out...

JordanD said:
im determined and i know what its me. its big. its monumental, i will not give up til i bring it to life. i dream of the songs everynight. im always in a beautiful studio singing these amazing songs, and i know its the future. i wont give up.
Fine. But links to your music should be posted in the mp3 Clinic, not in The Rack forum. The Rack forum is not here as a billboard for your self-promotion music thread. Spam.

This is my spank-a-spammer gear and rack....:eek:

wall.jpg

I'm thare...I ain't square...but...

....I gots nottin' I tells ya...downs right nottin'!!

Reactions: XLR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back