The New Tone Thread

I'm just trying to make the deals I've got going happen. Oddly enough (or not if you knew me), a beat to hell gun metal grey Epi Explorer sounds like something I'd really be interested in. Of course, that would be assuming it was dirt cheap. I'm weird enough to like my strange junk, but I'm not stupid enough to pay through the nose for it.

IMHO, $235 is a pretty good deal man, especially since I'm throwing in some good, OS power tubes...

yeah, that's what I felt ..... just gotta make it happen is all. I actually have some stuff here to sell to make up the money. This'll get me off my butt about that.

Yeah, let's see what you've got that I can convince myself I simply must have.

I mean, you don't really need El Lava Grande now do you?

yeah, that's what I felt ..... just gotta make it happen is all. I actually have some stuff here to sell to make up the money. This'll get me off my butt about that.
Ok dude, if you're for sure gonna take it, I'll edit the ads I have out for it....Thanks Bob!!!

Yeah, let's see what you've got that I can convince myself I simply must have.

I mean, you don't really need El Lava Grande now do you?

Marshall 50th Anniversary DSL-1H
Orange PPC112 (empty, or with a Celestion G12-T75)
Randall 1x12 (empty, or with a Celestion G12-T75)
Celestion G12-T75 speakers (I have 4 of 'em, & would sell in pairs, single, whatever)
Randall ISO cab (with either a V30 or T75)

If you're serious, send me a pm...

Man ..... I have a 3/5 of an acre sized yard.
For the last month it rains every afternoon and has mostly kept me from mowing it 'cause I don't get started doing such things 'till the afternoon because of my late nites lifestyle.
So the grass has been getting higher and higher ...... it finally quit raining this weekend and I had today blocked out for mowing it.
Grass is a foot or more tall and I have a 21" push mower (not self-propelled ) and the yard is quite hilly and sandy so pushing a mower thru it is hard.
You actually have to push forward 3 or 4 feet while holding down on the handle so the front wheels are up in the air .... then slowly lower it and pull it back over the same few feet ...... basically doing that and restarting the bastard when it kills. Meanwhile it's in the mid-90s and the sun is beating down.

Just came in from 2 1/2 hours of doing that for a 15 minute break ...... not chest pains ..... no shortness of breath ..... no problem doing it at all.
YAY!

I have to assume that means my cardio is pretty decent for an old man.
OK .... got another couple of hours of it to do before dark .... back out I go.

Lol. There's nothing I hate more than cutting grass.

We're in the middle of a wicked heatwave down here. It's been 100+ every day for like three straight weeks, with no sign of letting up. No rain. I can't even remember the last time it rained.

Lol. There's nothing I hate more than cutting grass.

We're in the middle of a wicked heatwave down here. It's been 100+ every day for like three straight weeks, with no sign of letting up. No rain. I can't even remember the last time it rained.
that's how it was the last few years here. My yard was dead brown grass and sand.

But it's freakin' rained a lot since Feb and my yard is green and my palm trees and grapefruit and orange trees are all happy.

But this last month was crazy ...... I'm just not gonna get up at 8am to mow before it rains so it just grew and grew and this is that wire grass ...... it's literally impossible to push a mower thru it when it gets like this.
Today was legitimately HARD work.

But I have it submitting to my will!
Another rain free afternoon and it'll all be done ..... then it's time to trim trees hanging over my fence and kill vines and haul all that shit 250' to the street ....... and it all has to be bundled and tied.
PIA ....... my big yard is lovely in the fall and winter but keeping it up during jungle season around here isn't super easy ...... good thing I ain't no lazy wuss.

I did see something in the news about ya'lls weather ...... lemme see if I can find it:

Attachments

• melting car.jpg
    melting car.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 53
Lol. Yeah, pretty much. But get this....as soon as I posted that last no-rain post, it started thundering and got windy as shit and it just rained like sumbitch. :D

Damn Bob, that's a big unruly lawn. I know exactly what you mean though...with enough water and nutrient, a lawn can get away from you in a hurry. And once it does, it's just the worst getting it back under control. Hats off to you for not only surviving, but thriving! I'd be a puddle on the floor by this point.

Up until this last few years, I always took a lot of pride in my lawn. I always fertilized, mowed, seeded, watered, all spring/summer/fall. I got it from my dad, he has always taken a lot of pride in his lawns. One of those rags to riches (well, rags to middle class) things, something about actually owning a lawn has always driven him to keep it looking nice. Well, I hit a wall with that in the past few years. I freaking hate mowing in the dead of summer, when the only thing growing is crabgrass. It's hot, it's humid, and there are an infinite number of things that I'd rather be doing. Finally this year I hired a dude to mow for me. Best money I've ever spent.

Damn Bob, that sucks man....I know all about that shit too. I've got about the same amount of land, maybe a tad more, but I also mow at my Mom's too, which is about 20 mins of push-mowing, then at least an hour 1/2 of weed-eating because half of the backyard is a big hill......But, it's gotta be done, she can't do it, so I do it for her...

This year wasn't bad at Mom's because I kept it up last year, but my new yard probably hadn't been mowed in a couple years. The first time was a complete bitch. I have a push-mower too, I could probably use a riding mower here for most of it though...

I can't handle being out in the heat, as working underground all those years have ruined me. It just sucks the sap completely outta me...

Up until this last few years, I always took a lot of pride in my lawn. .
that's one of those things I just don't care about. My yard has the potential to be like a park but it's not a priority for me.
So I especially hate spending time mowing when I could be watching Judge Mathis.

However ..... I can't let it look like a vacant lot plus it was so high my 90lb lab would disappear in parts of it and I'm up against the woods so it's a habitat for jungle animals ........

I don't pay someone to do it because one, I find they all suck and tear up shit and do half ass jobs.

But more importantly if I have to shove a mower around it then I'm getting exercise and I need to be fit so I'm able to fend off the bitches.

:D

Marshall 50th Anniversary DSL-1H
Orange PPC112 (empty, or with a Celestion G12-T75)
Randall 1x12 (empty, or with a Celestion G12-T75)
Celestion G12-T75 speakers (I have 4 of 'em, & would sell in pairs, single, whatever)
Randall ISO cab (with either a V30 or T75)

If you're serious, send me a pm...

Actually, I was referring to Lt. Bob. I remembered that there wasn't anything on your list that I was in the market for.

But one of these days, I'm gonna be able to talk him out of Grande. I need symmetry.

Um, remember us taking both of ours to JF, and mine wouldn't flow? It just sat there with a blob? It's still in the box. I haven't had a place to take it out and test it. I think I'll do that today, as a matter of fact.

Um, remember us taking both of ours to JF, and mine wouldn't flow? It just sat there with a blob? It's still in the box. I haven't had a place to take it out and test it. I think I'll do that today, as a matter of fact.
I do remember that ..... and mine didn't work great either.
We presumed it was 'cause it was so hot.

It will take it a couple of hours to get going so be patient.
Did you know those things are like $300 if you try to buy one now?

Back