The HR Tubercular Choir--an idea and a request

crawdad

Dammit, Jim, Shut Up!
Just for fun, I thought it would be cool to write a song and have EVERYBODY sing the chorus--then mix it. One big collab for fun. Anybody interested?

I also thought we should do a Homewreckers "We Are The World" style thing (not THAT song, I promise!) where everybody could sing a line or two, taking turns, then have everybody sing the choruses together.

I guess what I am wondering is how many would want to participate?

I'm looking at it maybe being the finale for the next HR Compilation CD. Guiness Book of Records for world's biggest internet musical collaboration maybe?:D

Cool idea!

Count me in!

This could be quite a project to pull-off though. It would take some serious planning.

The song isn't written yet. And we can't use Freebird 'cause of copyright, Chad! I was going to tackle writing something, but not until I see that enough volunteers are willing.

M.Brane--it would not be that hard to pull off, really. If we follow the tried and true formula for files and collabs, the technical part would be involved in numbers, but nothing impossible by any means. The vocal ranges would be a challenge maybe. If needed, each verse could modulate a step--all depends on the singers, I suppose.

I figure two 8 line verses, a four line chorus and probably a bridge. I'd have each lead singer do two verse lines, and maybe split each chorus up between two people. Then, there are harmony parts and a group chorus. We'd need to post a version of the song to see how close the key works--might have to make adjustments or do a pre survey, like "what is your low to high vocal range?"

As a matter of fact, if you know, toss that info in when you post.

So, I have Waldo amd M.Brane so far...we could be the Chixie Dicks...er...nevermind!:D

Jamal! Good man! You sing great! I'd put you upfront where you can shine!

Prozkgrl--Starting now--call this pre-production I suppose. Are you in?

OH HEY and ....people who just sound HORRIBLE singing ...like guernica and stuff BUT who can play bass really really well...well there you go!...

hi G how's the bizzle my nizzle???
:D

I`ll do it! This should be fun and something that hasn't been done before... That turns me on..

This sounds like fun, but duuuuuuuude... I can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Wish you'd make this HRC5 or something, I doubt I could juggle two things like this without flaking out on one of 'em.

The man with the plan!

crawdad said:
I figure two 8 line verses, a four line chorus and probably a bridge. I'd have each lead singer do two verse lines, and maybe split each chorus up between two people. Then, there are harmony parts and a group chorus. We'd need to post a version of the song to see how close the key works--might have to make adjustments or do a pre survey, like "what is your low to high vocal range?"

As a matter of fact, if you know, toss that info in when you post.

Guess you'll be in charge of the score, and arrangement then? :D

I'm a low tenor with about 2 1/2 octaves on a good day.:eek: I do have spot-on pitch, and good power though.;)

participant is participating! :cool: Good to see you back dude!:)

Jamal Bucket said:
OH HEY and ....people who just sound HORRIBLE singing ...like guernica and stuff BUT who can play bass really really well...well there you go!...
hi G how's the bizzle my nizzle???

.......well hell yeah...... I'ld be happy to spread my noise pollution wherever it might be welcomed:D

.......oh, ....uh .....and my bizzle be tasty like a wiener schnitzel

btw: welcome back chadly! missed ya man:)

Hey! Now this is something I might actually be able to pull off with out having it infringe on all the other shit I got going on right now! As for my vocal range.. I haven't a clue. Listen to my stuff and YOU tell ME... ...then we'll all know:D

Hell, I'll even strap-on a southern accent if I gotta be elbow to elbow with Harris;)

Back