The First Night

nice powderfinger. sounds like the wallflowers. i really like the drums. what are they??

all you need are some harmonies in the chorus imo.

edit....you asked for mix comments. the mix sounds very good to me actually. i'm listening on my monitors. vocals sit real well.

Really clean in the verse, an excellent sound, great drums. The chorus seemed a bit hot to me, like I had to turn down my speakers, and then turn them up in the verse - definitely a nitpick, I've heard worse for sure. This tune needs some harmonies IMO. Nice work.

Nice recording man. Good drum sound..... really. :p Nice and tight. Coulda used the picked elec (on the left) up in the mix a little more.

Nice groove, though. Good jorb. :p

WATYF

erichenryus - thanks for checking it out man....i added a chorus harmony, but i might go bakc and add more harmonies......the drums are sonic foundry loops.......

lynx - i tried to use a little more mastering compression to level out the verse and chorus....it probably didn't do much though:D...thanks for listening.......

WATYF - i tried bringing up the electric several decibals on your recommendation.......thanks....i appreciate the listen

So, I made a few changes based on the comments......i pulled up the picking electric a bit, added some low harmonies on the chorus (maybe not enough harmonies still).....i also rerecorded a few lines that i didn't think were flowing right........

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1642&alid=154

Nicely done. You have a real nice sound on here and the drums do sound good. One nitpik may be the bass seems pretty low in the mix, and this sounds like it could use a bit more support in that department...just needs some more bottom end (I'm listening on headphones, so I'm not sure how it sounds on regular speakers)

Nice harmonies on there and some real nice playing. This song moves along nicely.

:)

agree with bovdrj

The bass should be more defined and ever so slightly up in the mix................
Other than that, this is a great song.....yours?
All instrument performances were great
backup vocals are the missing link here IMO

Well Done

Yep!

The re-mix added a lot of polish. (not to be confused with or make reference, derogatory or otherwise, to someone from the country of Poland - I refer to carnauba or some other high quality product intended to enhance an already fine product.)

The background vocals were very nicely done, melody and chords - smooooth. The drums are, indeed, nice sounding. I'd put a fill before every chorus like you did on the first chorus.

Nice guitar playing - really cool rock/pop tones. Could stand some more bottom end - it meshes so nicely with the guitar - that elusive 'definition' thing.

Right before each chorus there's a really high-pitched 'beep' can't figure out what it is.

Super nice groove - nice playing - excellent vocals - nice music!!
~Milan

Sounds great powderfinger. It does have a Wall Flowers sound to it. Great guitars and the drum samples aren't half bad.

Great job.

Dude... sounds great. 2nd mix is definitely an improvement. Excellent recording.

WATYF

I like the tune, vocals sit real well in the mix. I agree chorus could use some harmony but not necessary.
The drums did come out well but a little monotinous, thats probably cause Im always olaying with drummers.
Overall very good tune. Have you tried selling it?? Its got the "sound",

Nice tune. Reminds me more of Bruce Springsteen then The Wallflowers.

Drums are good, a bit monotonous as DW said. Could use some finesse.

Great song.

boydrj - i'm going to look at the bass.......it might just be eq'd bad, as it seems there isn't enough bass on the headphones....but plenty on my stereo.....weird......i'll check it out .....thanks.......

HevyD47Ca - thanks for the bass comment too...i'm looking into.....i need some monitors.........yup, the song's mine......just wrote it this week........glad you like it....thanks........

MC Gitarz - I'm looking for that beep! I can hear what you're talking about on the headphones.......thanks for checking it out....

FattMusiek - yeah, depending on the song, the wallflowers seems to be a comparison that's brought up on occasion....hey, i'll take it.....thanks for listening

WATYF - thanks for checking it a second time.....i'm thinking even more harmonies could work...but i'm gald this improved it....i think the guitar sounds better this way too...so thanks for that......

ChristopherM - thanks man.......

dragonworks - i definitely agree on the drums....but the more i program drums, the more i realize i'll never get what i'm looking for w/o a real drummer....so for that reason, i've been doing minimalist 'sketch' drums in the hopes of getting some real ones in there some day.........nope, haven't tried selling it.....just wrote it this week! thanks

Emeric - thanks for checking it out....bruce, huh?.......i hear you on the drums.....i'm looking to find a real drummer.....someday....

Yeah its nice....

Someone else mentioned the wallflowers. I can see it.

Nine Days too. Semisonic Third Eye Blind.

It gives me a warm feeling like Pete Yorn.

Keep up the nice work

Scott

nice blend of acoustic and electric.. MC Gitarz suggestion with the drums would be cool.. good song.. maybe add a bass drum to the final cymbal hit at the end.. no major complaints here..it's sounding good!

acidbath - thanks for checking it out man......

sabbath - thanks for listening...i think i'll try that w/ the drums tomorrow.......good call

Very nice writing here, this has a commercial rock feel to it for sure.

Like the acoustic lines that work as the breaks, and the bass almost has a string feel to it like it's a cello or upright bowed bass. Even though i can hear the plucking it's just it's timbre. Makes me think of Oasis somewhat.

17 tracks? :eek: :eek: you have gone over the 16 limit!! How did you do it?? did u bounce??

Great song. All the parts blend really well together. I love the parts where most of it drops out except the acoustic.
That's a nice guitar lead. I think it could come up just a touch, especially the second time.
Something strange in the snare just before the first chorus. Other than that, nice smooth mix.

Khompewtur - thanks for checking it out.....nope, no bouncing....sonar can mix down more than 16 at once I guess....never had to try that before now:D

fprod south - i think that fill that i used before the chorus is what is giving the snare that odd sound...i'll check it out....thanks for listening.......

Back