the faster we go...

Just giving options for best sound presentation. All the work everyone does with their music only to be lost in a file format. Just a shame.

Yeah, but I'm just giving the files away for free - so to hell with them :p!

I've used FLAC before...back in the late '90's early 2000's I used it all the time to download grateful dead shows from the internet archive. It worked well, but you're right, the support wasn't great. I remember I had to download some specific software to deal with those files. I still have the CDs I burned from those FLAC files and they sound excellent!

Last edited:
I love the song! One of the coolest things I've heard from this forum. I am a fan of using rap in songs, although very specific kinds of rap. Hey, I'm the new generation right? so Linkin Park and all that is my sound.

I thought the rap was excellently performed, and fits right in with the song. I'd miss it if it wasn't there. So, just putting that our there, cause I know you said you weren't sure about the rap part :)

Yea, there is only so much one can expect for free.

Actually, that's a terrible attitude on my part and I was mostly kidding.

I should just be happy that someone wants to listen without cost even entering into it. Part of me says that based on pride in my own work I should offer the higest quality file type available...but there's this other part of me that says for some reason I'd like to retain something unique just for me (the lossless version) so that I can still own that.

That may make no sense, but whatever...it shouldn't matter to a self-professed hobbiest either way I guess.

I love the song! One of the coolest things I've heard from this forum. I am a fan of using rap in songs, although very specific kinds of rap. Hey, I'm the new generation right? so Linkin Park and all that is my sound.

I thought the rap was excellently performed, and fits right in with the song. I'd miss it if it wasn't there. So, just putting that our there, cause I know you said you weren't sure about the rap part :)

Awesome! Thank you. As a middle aged white guy from Maine (not the quintessential rapper), that is actually very reassuring.

Of course I'm going to have doubts...I second guess everything :D. I think for the most part, the people who didn't care for that part admittedly don't like rap much in general. It feels like most who enjoy that style seemed to like this, so I take that as a good sign - thanks again!

Actually, that's a terrible attitude on my part and I was mostly kidding.

I should just be happy that someone wants to listen without cost even entering into it. Part of me says that based on pride in my own work I should offer the higest quality file type available...but there's this other part of me that says for some reason I'd like to retain something unique just for me (the lossless version) so that I can still own that.

That may make no sense, but whatever...it shouldn't matter to a self-professed hobbiest either way I guess.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. I kind have the same thoughts. Plus after listening to your music, I figured it was more of a joke.

I won't notice, not that I'm exactly a benchmark for spotting this sort of thing. :D 128 seems fine to me, it's what most of my mp3s are on my player. I seriously can't hear the difference between flac/mp3/wav and rendering/replacing all your files sounds like a proper, time-consuming ass ache when frankly I'm grateful just to get your tunes on my MP3 player for NIX.

...after listening to your music, I figured it was more of a joke.

I'm not sure how to take that :eek: :D!

I won't notice, not that I'm exactly a benchmark for spotting this sort of thing. :D 128 seems fine to me, it's what most of my mp3s are on my player. I seriously can't hear the difference between flac/mp3/wav and rendering/replacing all your files sounds like a proper, time-consuming ass ache when frankly I'm grateful just to get your tunes on my MP3 player for NIX.

Awww. Thanks girl.

You and me both on the file thing. I mean, maybe if I somehow could listen to a classical piece or something else really dynamic on my stereo and A/B a 128 MP3 vs. a WAV I'd notice a difference, but with my own recordings at least, I don't think it amounts to a hill 'o beans.

I'm not sure how to take that :eek: :D!

Awww. Thanks girl.

You and me both on the file thing. I mean, maybe if I somehow could listen to a classical piece or something else really dynamic on my stereo and A/B a 128 MP3 vs. a WAV I'd notice a difference, but with my own recordings at least, I don't think it amounts to a hill 'o beans.

I meant it in a good way. :wtf: But your response was funny.

Thanks again heat, your 'kitchen sink' sounds awesome. :)

You're welcome. The kitchen sink is an obnoxious, super loud, overly compressed hissy recording and mixing fail, but I just love some of the strange combinations of sounds in there, so I put it up. That one may come down at some point though as I'd hate to have someone check out my page and hear that first and get scared away!

I enabled the downloads last night and it looks like you got them, but I'll leave it open for a while for any others before I most likely turn it back off.

Back