The Creature From The Haunted Lake

@heatmiser & DavidK
Thanks. Yeah, the moviething again.. Music for movies or radioplays is what i really should do, i guess :D

Not necessarily. These tracks stand on their own. It's partly just the nature of instrumentals that people start to think that way, especially instrumentals that have such a specific feel to them.

Having said that, it occurred to me that someone like Wes Anderson could really use your tracks to great effect :).

Hope you'll enjoy it. Portastudio recording again with real handmade watersounds. :e

Doooooood! You could so put a vocal up there, matching the cheesy synth organ keys. You'd then need something for the middle reggae, but you do already anyway.

Great sound and nice jam! I put some old X-15 tracks on Soundcloud and everyone raved at the retro sound, but I recall being frustrated by it back then. The water didn't sound lake-ish though, maybe Creature from the Haunted Bathtub?

No, always thought of it as an instrumental
Don't think the melody the Organ plays would go well with vocals
A different melody maybe

@ rpm61
Thanks. Why were you frustrated with your portastudio? I like the workflow

I had a Fostex X-15, back then I was trying hard to get good quality sound on it and the degradation with each bounce was frustrating. Of coursed, before that, the closest I got to "multitrack" was recording on a cassette, play back while recording on another cassette, so I was thrilled with the improvement.

I can see the Ska comments, but for me it's a totally different thing... I don't know if your into vocals, but I think this would be the bomb with a Nick Cave kinda borderline spoken word kinda thing over the top. Very, very cool. Totally amazed that its done on a Casette. My first "real" recording setup centered around a Tascam Portastudio 20+ years ago, but I never managed anything to match this for quality. good stuff!

Thanks
I love vocals, but i hate my voice :o
I'm somehow stuck in the cassette-world. The watersounds were recorded on a track in reaper though, because it was an afterthought and all 4 tracks of my Tascam were used up, but i recorded it with spring reverb through a sony 3-head cassette-deck on repro mode into the computer for a little bit of... hiss.

Back