The Celebrity Obituary Thread

So now it looks like it may have been related to a Percocet overdose.
Apparently he OD'd a few days earlier when they took him to the hospital (not because he had the flu)...and he had to be revived then....and the couldn't give him a private room, so he left with his people.

A few days later he's dead...probably again from the Percocet....and that was apparently a prescription given to him because of post hip surgery pain that he was suffering from, and that was bothering him during his tour.

He probably just took much for the pain...and that shit will literally suppress your breathing to where you just stop...and die.

Too bad.... :(

It certainly is a painless way to go....just a slow drift into the deep, and then everything stops.

A neighbor on my street a few years back took that road....intentionally.
I didn't know him real well...just the usual "Hey" when we would both be out cleaning the yards and happened to be out by the road.
Anyway...he apparently had some kind of nasty back issues, affected his job...etc...etc...and one day I guess he had enough of everything...so he drove up to the top of a nearby mountain, sat down at a tree facing into the sunset...took a handful...good night Vienna.
They found him the next day....I think one of the fire tower people or cameras spotted his truck.

Thing is...the few times we spoke...he seemed like a real nice guy, and I never noticed that he was suffering in any way...though maybe it was the painkillers that kept him mobile.

lx4nd.jpg

Yep...too fricking young..

Cgm9HzXUkAEnV43.jpg

I liked some of his stuff...he was a damn clever artist...that learned how to fight back and play the business game with the big boys.

My old guitarist / bud grew up with Marta Marrero "Martika" and she was "involved" with him for a short period back when...He penned 4 songs for one of her albums "Martika's Kitchen"...he was definitely a different kind of bird and lived a genuinely charmed life. More than twice the life span of the 27 club.

I think that the presence of this thread is causing celebrities to die. It needs to be closed right away. MODS!

Philadelphia soul singer Billy Paul died at the age of 81 Sunday morning, according to his manager.

Paul gained his greatest success when he released his 1972 single “Me and Mrs. Jones,” which was written and produced by Gamble and Huff. The song was the number one single on the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B singles chart and received a Grammy Award. The song also received newfound attention decades later when singer Michael Buble released a cover version in 2007.

In all, Paul released 15 albums(not counting a 1973 reissue of "Feelin' Good at the Cadillac Club") between 1968 and 1988. While he never again matched the mainstream success of "Me and Mrs. Jones," he is recognized by many as a pioneer and important figure in soul music, known for his socially conscious lyrics. According to Paul's website, Questlove of the Roots once compared him to Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder, calling him, "one of the criminally unmentioned proprietors of socially conscious post-revolution '60s civil rights music."

Every time someone posts in this thread, a celebrity somewhere likely kicks the bucket

You should forward this thread to the investigators. . . We may have found why so many celebrities are dying in 2016. . . It's HR.com's fault, especially gerg. He should get life with no parole for the stuff he posts on here.

Last edited:
"William Shakespeare has died on April 23rd 1616 of an apparent Speedball Overdose. Departing this earth at age 52, Shakespeare is best remembered for his Romantic Comedies such as Romeo And Juliette and his dramas such as The Fast and the Furious 6 and Paul Blart Mall Cop. He is survived by his wife and two daughters. Memorial Services will be held at The Rainbow Bar and Grill in downtown Los Angeles for those who wish to say goodbye. A raffle will be held with the grand prize of the original human skull used in Hamlet. All proceeds go to help the Dead Poets Society in their effort to stretch Danny DeVito until he's 6'2". Bill will be missed."

I just read this obituary on TMZ?!?!?! Do you think it's true???? :eek:

Last edited:
Back