The Celebrity Obituary Thread

3d32daf3763370570a5a1e2f22f9a07d.jpg
was just about to post this one

Prince is dead eh? He had a bad cold a few days ago and cancelled a concert. too much cold medicine is my guess.

The AP confirmed it with his publicist. Prince is really dead. Apparently from complications of the flu.

Just hea4rd about this...wow...another one gone.

You think at his success level, primary would be top notch. I know flu can kill, but usually it's the very old or very young that can't overcome it.
Released for the hospital...and then he dies from it..???

Just hea4rd about this...wow...another one gone.

You think at his success level, primary would be top notch. I know flu can kill, but usually it's the very old or very young that can't overcome it.
Released for the hospital...and then he dies from it..???
Wasn't he on tour? Add the flu to the normal dehydration and exhaustion that tends to go with touring when you are pushing 60... The shows were just him and a piano, so he was the entire show.

I don't know about the tour conditions, etc...but when I see that he got sick a week ago...then was released from the hospital...then he dies of the flu....just seems odd. They would/should know if he recovered from the flu and well enough to continue on.

<EDIT>

So now they're saying the cause of death is unknown at this time....

Last edited:
Party's over, oops, out of time.

---------- Update ----------

Damn, that was quick! Do you work for TMZ?! Most outlets still reporting "someone", but only TMZ and The Daily Mail are saying it was him.

That's what I was lol'ing at. Fucking wish must have been there with him, or killed him.

Wow! I'll make an exception and post in Prime Time for this one. I always say that I don't think a celebrity dying is any more tragic that anyone else dying. But sometimes it hits you anyway because it's like you had these people in your home on your stereo, in your car, in your head.

I was a huge Prince fan. Not so much the last couple of years, but I didn't just jump on the 1999/Purple Rain band wagon either. I loved his music before he was really "big". I wore out albums like "Dirty Mind" and "Controversy" before most people even heard of him.

This is a lot more shocking and (to me) sadder than losing Bowie or almost anyone else. He was only 57, he was probably as talented, if not more talented than any popular musician I can think of, with the exception of Stevie Wonder. They both play multiple instruments and even played all the instruments on many of their songs. Prince could move as well as anyone, his voice was more versatile than anyone I can think if, he combined every style of music in a way that nobody could, and he was as spiritual as he was sexual, which is a hard act to balance. He wrote many songs for other artists that I bet most people aren't even aware of.

Wow! I'll make an exception and post in Prime Time for this one. I always say that I don't think a celebrity dying is any more tragic that anyone else dying. But sometimes it hits you anyway because it's like you had these people in your home on your stereo, in your car, in your head.

I was a huge Prince fan. Not so much the last couple of years, but I didn't just jump on the 1999/Purple Rain band wagon either. I loved his music before he was really "big". I wore out albums like "Dirty Mind" and "Controversy" before most people even heard of him.

This is a lot more shocking and (to me) sadder than losing Bowie or almost anyone else. He was only 57, he was probably as talented, if not more talented than any popular musician I can think of, with the exception of Stevie Wonder. They both play multiple instruments and even played all the instruments on many of their songs. Prince could move as well as anyone, his voice was more versatile than anyone I can think if, he combined every style of music in a way that nobody could, and he was as spiritual as he was sexual, which is a hard act to balance. He wrote many songs for other artists that I bet most people aren't even aware of.

And he was funky.

I played Purple Rain, Doves Cry, 1999, I Would Die 4 U, Let's Go Crazy etc seven million times when I gigged back in the 80's. I haven't listened to Prince since.
I hope I never hear a Linn drum snare again... :D:D:D:D

I played Purple Rain, Doves Cry, 1999, I Would Die 4 U, Let's Go Crazy etc seven million times when I gigged back in the 80's. I haven't listened to Prince since.
I hope I never hear a Linn drum snare again... :D:D:D:D

You know, he really managed to make those songs move considering, not only was it a Linn drum machine, but it pretty much just played a straight beat through most of the tunes. No changes, no fills, etc...and the tunes still moved.

Back