The Best Rap You've Heard In Years...

RAMI said:
if to say that only a rap fan's opinion matters, then why did you ever leave the HIP-HOP Forum? Not getting enough "compliments" in there either?

correct, he double posted.

I just wanted to post in this thread to get my red chicklet insult :D

Actually, you should replace the title to "The Best ANYTHING You've Heard in Years" cause this is crossover shi*T.

Solid looped beat with decent rhyming = out of this world trax + fame. Book it.

Yeah, listen to the Nak attack, these people are all real nice if you don't arrive with such attitude :)

I'm trying to undertand what MrT's so defensive about. It's about the 50th time he says "If you don't listen to rap"...Most people said they LIKE IT. I guess that's not enough. We have to agree that it's th best shit we've heard blah blah blah....or else he's just not happy. Metal head said it was good, I said it was good, other said it was good...but he's still frigging whining. Shut up already. It's not THAT good. Get over it.

Listened to It's a Shame. Main vocal sounds good. I think the double tracked L/R contrast is very effective. The opening voice, with the high pitch effect on it doesn't work so well - because the sound quality of that helium effect is usually used when someone's trying to be funny, not serious as here. Otherwise the arrangement and mix is very good.

EDIT: I just edited out some previous comments. I hate it when threads turn into "talking about talking" instead of "talking about recording".

Tim

Last edited:
Reactions: mrT
Gorty said:
I thought I was visiting the guest book a bit much!! :o :o
Hehe...I was being sarcastic...But I love when you post there so feel free to continue. :D :cool: :p

wow.

no it wasn't the best hiphop seen in years, not by a long mile.
but a lot of you people are full of sh*t.
Im not going to sit here and argue with you, it's pointless.
but, wow.

ethos said:
wow.

no it wasn't the best hiphop seen in years, not by a long mile.
but a lot of you people are full of sh*t.
Im not going to sit here and argue with you, it's pointless.
but, wow.
So you agree with us but we're full of shit? That's peculiar.

Welcome to the club.

COPY/PASTE COPY/PASTE COPY/PASTE COPY/PASTE COPY/PASTE COPY/PASTE COPY/PASTE COPY/PASTE COPY/PASTE COPY/PASTE
(only one more time: c
o
p
y

:eek:

RAMI said:
So you agree with us but we're full of shit? That's peculiar.

Welcome to the club.

no, I agree that the music posted was not the "best rap heard in years".
That part I agree with. My other comments were directed at the comments made about hiphop as a whole.

RAMI said:
I'm trying to undertand what MrT's so defensive about. It's about the 50th time he says "If you don't listen to rap"...Most people said they LIKE IT. I guess that's not enough. We have to agree that it's th best shit we've heard blah blah blah....or else he's just not happy. Metal head said it was good, I said it was good, other said it was good...but he's still frigging whining. Shut up already. It's not THAT good. Get over it.

Ethos said it here...

ethos said:
My other comments were directed at the comments made about hiphop as a whole.

I really don't care if you don't think it's the best ever, as I said I kinda just put it there to draw people in. I just don't like the genre bashing. If you don't swear more power to you. I refuse to censor my artists and I don't write the lyrics soooo... the swearing stays. The music is violent because they've lived violent lives. If you didn't consider yourself lucky, but don't say they shouldn't write about what they've been through simply because it doesn't fit into your view of the world.

I actually tried to give everybody who posted a comment on the songs (good and bad) a positive feedback. I'm not here to get a pat on the back. I don't take criticism too personally, as long as it isn't just bashing the entire genre of rap. That's a little ignorant. Theere is good and bad in any type of music.

So thanks again to everyone that listened.

Ok mrT, I am struggling to hold back the flood of criticism I have for the posts you have made.

You did get off on the wrong foot with people by saying "Best shit in years blah blah" - in order to make this claim it has to be confirmed to be true by an IMPARTIAL 3rd party. You obviously have a huge passion for this music, and for the group you recorded - which I think is detrimental to the recording process.

I find if I get too caught up with the music I don't produce my best results - even when I record my OWN songs I step back, forget how much I like them and TRULY LISTEN to the mix, to the music, to everthing. That way, if something is wrong, you can say - "Hey, that part is shit, i'm taking it out" as opposed to "Hey man, this shit is banging lets pump out da record and make millions.." Try to be a bit more impartial with your work, it will help you loads. This is honest advice, however from your other posts it seems you will just come back with a stupid contradictory reply. All your posts and contradictory of each other, they are all over the place - thi shows me that you are out there without a leg to stand on being unable to take the criticism which you claim to have wanted.

Now onto the music - yes the music is just a loop for 5 minutes with some samples thrown in and some guy rhyming his way through the whole 5 minutes - but this is what rap is mostly. You need to find a hook, a different angle, or else you will just get washed up in a sea of millions of other rappers who have the "Best shit in years". There is nothing special here, the lyrics are the same old rapper cliche, the musiic is bland and uninspiring - don't get me wrong - some rap can have some really good melodies or basslines down but this doesn't. That's the truth which you obviously can't see because you are far too involved.

Now on to the mixing, the balance of everything is fine but it soudns WAY too hollow and thin - rap music should have bass lines that punch you in the face, so that when you go cruisin' in your lo' lo's with your system up you can have your subwoofer blastin that shit out fo' real homie... The bass needs to be more present, the trebles are too overpowering and the rappers voice sounds completely dull and boring - there is no sparkle or presence to the voice that you might hear on 50 cent, Eminem, etc etc records -

Overall it's like listening to a lecture on the history of rap by the most boring person on the planet while someone has a drumloop on a broken record player stuck repeating it over and over.

Harsh, but true - and fair.

Docaroo said:
Ok mrT, I am struggling to hold back the flood of criticism I have for the posts you have made.

You did get off on the wrong foot with people by saying "Best shit in years blah blah" - in order to make this claim it has to be confirmed to be true by an IMPARTIAL 3rd party. You obviously have a huge passion for this music, and for the group you recorded - which I think is detrimental to the recording process.

I find if I get too caught up with the music I don't produce my best results - even when I record my OWN songs I step back, forget how much I like them and TRULY LISTEN to the mix, to the music, to everthing. That way, if something is wrong, you can say - "Hey, that part is shit, i'm taking it out" as opposed to "Hey man, this shit is banging lets pump out da record and make millions.." Try to be a bit more impartial with your work, it will help you loads. This is honest advice, however from your other posts it seems you will just come back with a stupid contradictory reply. All your posts and contradictory of each other, they are all over the place - thi shows me that you are out there without a leg to stand on being unable to take the criticism which you claim to have wanted.

Now onto the music - yes the music is just a loop for 5 minutes with some samples thrown in and some guy rhyming his way through the whole 5 minutes - but this is what rap is mostly. You need to find a hook, a different angle, or else you will just get washed up in a sea of millions of other rappers who have the "Best shit in years". There is nothing special here, the lyrics are the same old rapper cliche, the musiic is bland and uninspiring - don't get me wrong - some rap can have some really good melodies or basslines down but this doesn't. That's the truth which you obviously can't see because you are far too involved.

Now on to the mixing, the balance of everything is fine but it soudns WAY too hollow and thin - rap music should have bass lines that punch you in the face, so that when you go cruisin' in your lo' lo's with your system up you can have your subwoofer blastin that shit out fo' real homie... The bass needs to be more present, the trebles are too overpowering and the rappers voice sounds completely dull and boring - there is no sparkle or presence to the voice that you might hear on 50 cent, Eminem, etc etc records -

Overall it's like listening to a lecture on the history of rap by the most boring person on the planet while someone has a drumloop on a broken record player stuck repeating it over and over.

Harsh, but true - and fair.

I don't really think I contradicted myself... But you're entitled to your opinion. And If I wanted this stuff to sound like radio material it would. I don't. Almost all of the tips you gave me made it pretty obvious that you have no clue what kind of style we're going for, Although stepping back from your music is a good one. I am aware that these tracks don't "sparkle" but as I've said in here about three times... they are just rough cuts we took because most of this was freestlye. Now that they've had time to learn the lyrics that we kept we are going to go back and redo all the keepers. Maybe throw in a little sparkle you know.

You guys keep saying that I don't get... But YOU don't get. 50 cent is not the be all and end all in rap production. In fact alot people think fitty is WAY too polished/overproduced. There are just some people that like it RAW. My co-producer who makes the beats happens to be one of those people. Think Wu-Tang... If you've ever listened to them between Power Metal tacks.

I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE ANYONE LIKE RAP.
If you don't like ANY rap music don't tell me about not like mine or how I should change my stuff to suit your tastes. Now if you want to talk about production I'm all for it. Just stick to talking about what you know instead of out your ass about something you don't.

BTW I don't think there is anything wrong with doing the same type of music just better. It happens all the time in rock. Kings of Leon are one of my favorite bands but nothing they do could be considered all that original. They just do it so well you have to listen.

AH, just forget it, guys. This guys claims he wanted some opinions (or so he claims) but is so tunnel-visioned and narrow-minded that anything short of "this blows me away" is just not good enough for him. Someone just tried to give him solid, honest critiques as to the actual mixing and his only response is "You have no idea what we're going for". He's a semi-talented engineer with a recording of a semi-talented totally un-original project, but they're living in their own little self-delusional bubble patting each other on the back like a bunch of 8 year olds. Leave them alone. They'll still be totally un-known in a year, 3 years and 5 years from now. It's a joke. And it's on them.

The sad thing is, the guys on the recording might be cool guys, ready to take advice, and totally humble. This baffoon comes in here thinking he's doing them a favor and he embarrasses them every time he opens his pie-hole.

Threads as "the best "I don´t what "...", even if posted as a joke (and I think "Mrt" is talking seriously about this hip hop), let each guy here tottaly free to express opinions with the same "intensity" of the answer (or affirmative, in this case).
"Action and Reaction"....(don´t know if translate is valid) :cool:

Back