That Nady Ribbon is out

Hey Harvey have you gotten your hands on the Nady Ribbon yet?
I hope they are good so i can stick one up the blue bear's nose :D (jokes bear)

Enchilada said:
Hey Harvey have you gotten your hands on the Nady Ribbon yet?
I hope they are good so i can stick one up the blue bear's nose :D (jokes bear)
Wes Dooley of AEA promised to send me his, as soon as he's finished testing it.

Well, why don't you try it out and tell us what you think of it.

Does Harvey have to give people permission before they can buy something? :D

Just ordered the Thomann RB500 ribbon from Thomann.
I'm just way to curious. It'll be off to eBay if it sounds much cheaper than 129 Euros...

Will report back as soon as I have it.

Cheers,

Michael

mig27 said:
Just ordered the Thomann RB500 ribbon from Thomann.
I'm just way to curious. It'll be off to eBay if it sounds much cheaper than 129 Euros...

Will report back as soon as I have it.

Cheers,

Michael
Let us know what you think, ok? I'm curious! While I was in Germany a month ago I tried to get that ribbon mix, but it wasn't out yet. A ribbon mic for EUR 130?? That's INSANE! ;)

Tbone ribbon arrived...

Hi everyone,

today the tbone RB500 arrived.
I won't be able to try it out right away since I'm still in the office.

What I can say beforehand is that the mic seems to be quite nicely built.
No dangling parts etc.

According to the technical data, it weighs 44 oz. - that's the exact same weight as the Nady RSM 2.

Will give you an update as soon as I've heard the tbone, but it all looks rather promising.

Cheers,

Michael

mig27 said:
Hi everyone,

today the tbone RB500 arrived.
I won't be able to try it out right away since I'm still in the office.

What I can say beforehand is that the mic seems to be quite nicely built.
No dangling parts etc.

According to the technical data, it weighs 44 oz. - that's the exact same weight as the Nady RSM 2.

Will give you an update as soon as I've heard the tbone, but it all looks rather promising.

Cheers,

Michael

Hey,

I can't wait to hear about it, can you post a clip. Did it come with a spec sheet?

PAddy

need to hear the smaples but damn the reviews. I also liked the large comnndensor T-bone made... So i guess this will be it. But one question ; think the 165 Db rating is anywhere near realistic? Cuz that would mean i can put it in front of a marshall 100watt head which i like to crank the living crap out off...

Take my opinion with a grain of salt.. I don't know the first thing about ribbon mics, but mmm... I sure loved the sound.

Dude, i don't care since the big boys will never be in my league (that should read; no way in hell am i gonna pay that amount. I'll rent a fuckin studio... LOL)

I'm just looking for a mic to fill in some of the sizzle and subtleties taht the sm57 doesn't give me.

Well, follow the link in mig27's post, and have a listen. I'm not sure if I would use "sizzle" to describe the sound, but sure did accentuate the musical aspects of the acoustic guitar, and beat the crap out of the oktava IMHO.

BAH.. correction.. I just realized I was listening to the T-Bone ribbon, not the Nady.

Back