Tentelometer Business Opportunity?

What say you?

I would think if there was a genuine opportunity to do this, one of the former Tentel employees would be jumping on this, securing the patents and tooling to carry this forward. And if no one from within that company wants to do that, I'd be very apprehensive as a complete outsider to that industry to try and step in.

Odds are, that any established studio or repair facility already has a meter. Couple that with the fact that no one is building open reel decks or VCRs any longer. That adds up to a pretty clear idea of knowing where this business is going.

Cheers! :)

This thread
https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/analog-only/wtb-tentelometer-339521/
has me thinking...

If the company is closing due to BOTH lack of demand AND failing health of the owner, is there enough demand for someone to pick up the mantel? I might be interested if the figures work out.

What say you?

I have faith in this! I will start "Reverse-Engineering" my Tentelometer!

VP

PS: Lets make a Digital Tentelometer. We might have to call it the Victoryometer!

actually this could be a viable part time to maybe full time cottage industry type business for someone............will you get rich? heck no!
but for someone with the time and with gov contracts in place it could be decent. especially if there is no such other device like this out there.

While you are at it....build some new tape decks so that there'll be a steady need for tentelometers well into the future. ;)

Back