TASCAM Wallpaper

Here's another community effort on a very rare TEAC piece, the AN-300, 4 channel Dolby noise reduction unit which was designed to team up with their 4 track open reel decks of the era.

Thanks to witzendoz , (Alan), for taking several shots of this unit and for sending them off to me yesterday. The perspective was a bit too close for my liking so spent a fair bit of time correcting the detail on the shot to make it look as though it were shot from further back. Hopefully it still looks natural. Also added some wood trim to the sides to give it more of a 3340 flavor, cosmetically.

View attachment 80813

right click on the image to save...

Cheers! :)

Nice. Now staok my 3340 on top of it.

I dont need an AN300 but would get one just 'cause it looks cool!!

...still addicted....

Nice. Now staok my 3340 on top of it.

I dont need an AN300 but would get one just 'cause it looks cool!!

...still addicted....

Thanks!

I was thinking about doing that but have to come up with a way to make the two look natural in a single shot...I'll probably come up with something!

Very interesting, I was wondering if the An-300 did have side panels at one stage, they were never on mine since I got it. I was trying to remember where I did buy it from? I seem to remember I got it for $50 or something like that. It was in the days when my studio was the 3340 and a live mixer, started out using a Sunn mixer believe it or not. The addition of the AN-300 really helped with the quality of recording, some of these old recordings still sound fantastic today when I play them.

Alan.

Very interesting, I was wondering if the An-300 did have side panels at one stage, they were never on mine since I got it. I was trying to remember where I did buy it from? I seem to remember I got it for $50 or something like that. It was in the days when my studio was the 3340 and a live mixer, started out using a Sunn mixer believe it or not. The addition of the AN-300 really helped with the quality of recording, some of these old recordings still sound fantastic today when I play them.

Alan.
I only have a low resolution scan of a 4 page brochure on the AN-300, which also covers the AX-300 mixer, which follows the same cosmetic theme and neither of them show any wood side panel as an option or otherwise. So, it's just an afterthought on my part to have them there.

Thanks again for taking the pictures of it. It was fun to play around with the images.

Bit of a departure on this one, a pair of speakers that I used to dream about owning one day and having a space large enough to accommodate them. Neither dream materialized but did find a decent sized image on the web to put this wallpaper together with.

Anyone here got a pair of these, the JBL 4430's?

View attachment 80832

right click to save as a wallpaper...

Continuing on my jbl fantasy tour, I came across a model I'd never seen or or even heard about I guess because there were from the mid 70's and I didn't start paying attention to their stuff until the early 80's. Anyway, these ones are called the 4333AWX and was a 3 way design with a 15" woofer with compression mid and high drivers. Surprisingly, the power handling was only rated for 75 watts with a sensitivity spec of 94db at 1 watt. So while they couldn't produce anything more the 101 db at 3 meters, I guess that was loud enough for most studios? Or maybe not? But they did look pretty cool, so I figured I'd add them here to the wallpaper thread.

View attachment 80884

right click to download wallpaper sized file...

Those 4333's look very similar to some I used in the 70's, but those were called C-50's. They had that same hi freqency lens and the notched front cabinet but were only a two way system.
The cabinets were painted grey and had a large JBL logo stenceled onthe side.....kinda in the fashion of the old Altec A-7 Voice of the Theatre cabinets.

I recall really liking the sound.

.......and now that I think about it, even though its WAY off topic, a wallpaper of an A-7 withthe top mounted horn would be really cool!!!

Those 4333's look very similar to some I used in the 70's, but those were called C-50's. They had that same hi freqency lens and the notched front cabinet but were only a two way system.
The cabinets were painted grey and had a large JBL logo stenceled onthe side.....kinda in the fashion of the old Altec A-7 Voice of the Theatre cabinets.

I recall really liking the sound.

.......and now that I think about it, even though its WAY off topic, a wallpaper of an A-7 withthe top mounted horn would be really cool!!!
Just did a quick image search for the A-7. Looks more like a PA speaker then a studio monitor. Not much in the way of higher quality images of them too, which kind of throws a wet blanket on the wallpaper idea. But I'll look a bit deeper!

Back