TASCAM Wallpaper

This next one comes from Sweetbeats files on his MCI JH416 mixer which is a work in progress. This is just a basic clean up of one of his recent shots with some fixed up meters and some new walnut veneer.

View attachment 81597

right click to download...

Cheers! :)

This next one is from TASCAM's later and fading analog glory era, the M-1516. This was a 4 buss mixer that was available in 8, 16 and 24 channel sizes...not sure if there was anything larger then that past 24?

Anyway, I had an image of one of these sitting on my computer for the past 3 or 4 years and never did anything with it as the original image was badly warped and the mixer pretty dinged up with a lot of scratches and gouges! But I applied a bit of digital silly putty to it and straightened it out a bit.

View attachment 81450

right click to download the wallpaper file.

Jeff, I think the M-1500 series were only available in 8 and 16 channel, and the 24 channel duties were left to its contemporary the 8-buss M-2500 series which were available in 16 and 24 channel versions.

Anybody know otherwise?

This next one comes from Sweetbeats files on his MCI JH416 mixer which is a work in progress. This is just a basic clean up of one of his recent shots with some fixed up meters and some new walnut veneer.

View attachment 81597

right click to download...

This is just unbelievable, Jeff...that's what I want it to look like. Wow. And, folks, I snapped those original shots in my poorly-lit shop with an iPhone.

Wow!

Here is the original image from which Jeff got that result:

IMG_0668.JPG

Cory, Thanks for the info on the TASCAM 1500 series mixer and the kind comments on my clean up effort on your JH416! :)

I tried to apply my new dual lamp VU meter lighting effect applet and hope it came out close enough to the real deal. Basically, those cleaned up meters all came from the single one that you removed the broken glass lens from and then once further cleaned up, ended up cloning that image an additional 21 times to wallpaper over all the other real meters which remain too grungy to fix up at the moment. Same deal with the walnut veneer which was applied only because I don't have a workable regime in place to remove the dust and crud. So it was easier to just apply some fresh walnut digitally. Anyway, all good fun to work on and glad you liked the effects.

Much thanks once again to Sweetbeats for indulging me with a couple of pics of his highly rare and hard to find, TASCAM RS-20B spring reverb unit! He really made a great effort to get the shots level and centered and shot with a good quality D-SLR camera which yields nice clean results!

Anyway, here she be!

View attachment 81948

right click on the image to download the wallpaper file

Last edited:
Sooo coooool, Jeff...love it!

Glad you're happy with the results! The unit is in such good shape that I had next to nothing to clean up on it in terms of scratches etc. Nice to see vintage gear so well maintained!

Also, from lower down in the rack where that last shot came from is this, the CRL Systems SEP-400As, which are "unique bits of kit both in appearance, function and topology...loaded with proprietary "analog computers"...billed as an "equalizer" but is actually is a 4-band multiband dynamics processor WITH summing limiter and real machined aluminum knobs."

View attachment 81949

right click to download the wallpaper!

Decided to do an alternate version of the TASCAM RS-20B with some added feet and a more grounded look instead of the usual floating effect. Also lightened up the lettering slightly, though I wasn't sure if it was originally white or not. It is now! :D

View attachment 81973

Right click to download...

Been a while since I've added anything here because I'm running out of models to cover...but did find a decent shot of a TEAC Z-5000 master reference cassette deck. There was also a 6000 and 7000 model but haven't found any decent pics of those to work on yet.

Anyway, here's the Z-5000! ;)

View attachment 85755

right click on the image to download...

I still don't understand why this Thread isn't added as a sticky! Anyway, great work as always..Jeff. This unit seems to be of the same era as my X2000R Reel to Reel. I recognize some similar design characteristics.

Thanks Ron! :)

I've been offered sticky status in the past but always refused the offer. Maybe I should re-think that?

About the era of the deck, yes, it's from the same mid 80's era as your reel to reel! Actually saw one of these available for sale locally but the seller wanted $375 for it and I thought that to be a bit beyond my budget right now.

Yea, seems a little high for a mid 80's cassette deck. I only mentioned the sticky status as I recently wanted to check the thread, and well..honestly ..I forgot the title, and where it was. But just for a brief second.. mind you! I was looking all over..and well I finally found it. Curious what would be the draw-back to the sticky?
BTW I use several of the desktop backgrounds. I alternate them every couple of weeks, Love them!

Edit...maybe not so high a Price! Just saw a Z-7000 sold for $1600! And not working properly to boot!!

There's a different local seller here in Toronto that has a Z-7000, in full working condition for sale for $1000. Incredible deck for sure but still, a lot of money for a cassette deck! :)

And glad to hear you're using the images for your desktop! That's what this thread is all about. ;)

Cheers! v:)

And...

TEAC Z-5000, works but loose belt needs replacing, intermittent, $550, go figure.
:spank::eek:;)

Attachments

• TEAC Z-5000a.jpg
    TEAC Z-5000a.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 89
Back