TASCAM Wallpaper

Awesome job!! Thanks, man.:):):):):)

I know a couple of the obvious changes...you took out my velcro strap to the top bar holding the patch cords, you took out the TASCAM CDRW700 in the bottom rack....I'll take a look at the original again.

edit: alright, I thought so....you also leveled the writing on the tape and takeup reels. Niiiiiiice. Do you do something with the tape path as well?

Good catches!

I also gave your cart wheels an alignment and removed some of the shadows and hot spots on the deck! And yes, tape path corrected too!

Anyway, glad you liked it! :)

Cheers! :)

i suppose that's probably out of the question now. :(

Do you always answer and comment on your own posts Joe? I think EZ needs his own forum for the him to solve life's mysteries by himself. Oh wait, he has his own entire site. So what's taking you so long EZ?:confused: Inquiring minds want to know!:p

Hey Chili, you might want to go ahead and move this into the Cave as it has slid into the depths of hell already.:rolleyes:

Do you always answer and comment on your own posts Joe? I think EZ needs his own forum for the him to solve life's mysteries by himself. Oh wait, he has his own entire site. So what's taking you so long EZ?:confused: Inquiring minds want to know!:p

that cracker is always talking to himself

EZ - leave the thread alone please. There are plenty of Cave threads you can give your opinions on Ghost, not to mention A&A.

Ghost...I LOVE the one of the tape footage counter...you probably saw my comment that it is one of the most endearing facetsof the MM-1000 (IMHO) and I can only HOPE that the remote looks like the one in your version someday. :D

Ghost...I LOVE the one of the tape footage counter...you probably saw my comment that it is one of the most endearing facetsof the MM-1000 (IMHO) and I can only HOPE that the remote looks like the one in your version someday. :D

Thanks!

And very glad that you liked them! :)

I'm not sure if I did see your comments on the counter but I was basically going though all of the pics...(and there is a lot of them), and was looking for nuggets of gold among all the iron oxide! :D

About the remote; I'm sure I spent almost as much time in Photoshop, cleaning off each speck of dirt and rust that you'll spend in person, cleaning the real thing! I'm sure you'll do a better job of it then I did too. ;)

It's too bad that we live so far apart from each other. I'd love to see all your vintage gear in person and shoot it with my eye and my gear...oh well! :o

That said, you've done a damn good job considering the camera and lighting you're working with! Many of your shots are actually very impresive all on their own.

Presenting the world's only 28 track Portastudio! :D

VV4G7988small.jpg

Sweetbeats has kindly posted many, many pictures of his prized Ampex MM1000 but not a single, solitary one of them has captured the entire beast in one single frame! :o Various parts of it have always been cut off! :o

So, I downloaded a few of the shots that captured most of it and painted the rest of the missing bits in, in an attempt to give it some sort of proper portrait!

This is obviously far from perfect or reality but looked pretty cool to me after much work to put it together. :D

MM1000mockup.jpg

Back