Tascam TM-D1000

Thanks to everyone for the useful info. I have been out of town and just returned, so I will have to check out the TASCAM website. Thanks again. You guys are great!

Actually with the Ark you can get the TAD-1 TDIF to ADAT converter and have 8 tracks come in digitally to the TM-D1000.

Be aware that the A/D for TMD is 20bit, but all digital i/o is 24bit.
Then you can use onboard compressor for recording.

G-Dub

UZZA said:
Thanks to everyone for the useful info. I have been out of town and just returned, so I will have to check out the TASCAM website. Thanks again. You guys are great!

I primarily do midi synth mixing, which the 4-buss limitation doesn't impact me at all. In fact, I pass s/pdif out to s/pdif in across six TMD-1000's and it fits my needs real well, and I use the buss outs as effect sends to a rack of outboards :)

For what they cost at the current blow-out price of about 450-500 a pop (in US $$$) they are nearly free.

If you need more busses, well, its not the mixer for you.

I use one also. I think it is a damned fine mixer for the price - even better if you install the expansion cards for more channels/effects/digital I/O. It is a little intimidating for someone making the jump from an analog mixer, but after you get the hang of it, the mixer is pretty straightforward. Plus, you can get that demo video with that aussie bloke tickling the TM-D1000 in all the right places - that video helps more than the manual(s).

But maybe I am a bit biased - I have been a loyal TASCAM user for over 15 years and have yet to be unhappy with their products.

Brad

Who is the "aussie guy" and where do I get the vid? I just got a tm d1000 and a da 38. I am an absolute beginner and need help in a big way.

Back