Studio Projects T3

Does anyone know what is the part number for the CineMag transformer used for ther T3?

If it's the 10.5:1 ratio I'm thinking of that David Geren keeps telling me is being bought up by OEM (so that I have to wait to get one) it's probably the CM-2480.

That would explain why it's harder for us poor saps to get 'em. They need to ramp up things a bit.

Thanks for the info Phil. Do you or anyone else out there know anything more about this transformer swap? Any R's or C's need to be changed? I've opened up my T3 & the stock transformer is held in place by some buss wire soldered to pads on the circuit board. Should be relatively easy to remove. I downloaded a PDF on the CineMag 2480 and will open up the T3 again soon to check for size fit. I'm pretty interested to see if I can eek some more performance out of one of my favorite mics. This might slow down my lust for other mics.

I have a Cinemag ready to drop into my T3 but until I'm in a position to do some before and after recordings I'm not touching it. As far as I know, apart from PMI staff, Harvey and Alex Gerst are the only people to have heard a T3 with this mod so opinions are going to be very limited.

:cool:

Back