Studio build design on 29 ft barge!

new pictures

okay, so recently i have started to fix my unit in and build it. i havent bought the final bits of my equipment yet. im only making it for what i have at the moment. seeing as i dont use much hardware i can focus on the speaker placement and acoustic treatment moree.

03112009388.jpg

i started to build some bass traps. i got the fabric from the same shop as b4, but this was a different colour, red.

06112009391.jpg

okay, so recently i have started to fix my unit in and build it. i havent bought the final bits of my equipment yet. im only making it for what i have at the moment. seeing as i dont use much hardware i can focus on the speaker placement and acoustic treatment moree.

i started to build some bass traps. i got the fabric from the same shop as b4, but this was a different colour, red.
Looking cool! I would probably have wooden/laminate flooring and cover the ceiling with absorption. The walls angle up toward the ceiling, so this is where most of the sound will be directed.

hmm

Looking cool! I would probably have wooden/laminate flooring and cover the ceiling with absorption. The walls angle up toward the ceiling, so this is where most of the sound will be directed.

okay this sounds good. i made 4 bass traps. and 2 smaller 1's for at the sides of the mointors.

imageshack doesnt like me at the moment so i will upload again in a while.

im really stuck on what to do with the celling because it kinda makes it feel constrafobic when the frame is right above my head. it defo needs serious treatment, what if i place the insulation on the celling and then just fabric it 2 it it will be 4inches thick. but will look 2inches thick if i do it really tight.

okay this sounds good. i made 4 bass traps. and 2 smaller 1's for at the sides of the mointors.

imageshack doesnt like me at the moment so i will upload again in a while.

im really stuck on what to do with the celling because it kinda makes it feel constrafobic when the frame is right above my head. it defo needs serious treatment, what if i place the insulation on the celling and then just fabric it 2 it it will be 4inches thick. but will look 2inches thick if i do it really tight.
I think that will be sufficient for your needs as long as you have as many bass traps as you possibly can elsewhere.

pics.

yeah i should be able to.

06112009395.jpg

im just curious about placing them. i know to find the 1st reflection points. im just wondering would it be better to place them like this. >

or should i place them horizontal.

im just curious about placing them. i know to find the 1st reflection points. im just wondering would it be better to place them like this...
or should i place them horizontal.
A lot of people seem to suggest vertical, but i have no clue why. I'd face them horizontal, or build 2'x2' ones for the side reflection points. To find the points, set up your speakers and sit in the "sweet spot". Ask someone to take a mirror and move it around the wall until you see the opposing speaker (eg. left speaker reflected from right wall). That is the FRP and should be where centre of the panel is placed.

A lot of people seem to suggest vertical, but i have no clue why. I'd face them horizontal, or build 2'x2' ones for the side reflection points. To find the points, set up your speakers and sit in the "sweet spot". Ask someone to take a mirror and move it around the wall until you see the opposing speaker (eg. left speaker reflected from right wall). That is the FRP and should be where centre of the panel is placed.

this is a picture i took before,

07112009397.jpg

you say put them horizontal?

sorry bout the posts imageshack doesnt like me lol.

you say put them horizontal?

sorry bout the posts imageshack doesnt like me lol.
I'd probably say build a couple of 2'x2's if you can and use the full sized elsewhere, but if this isn't possible horizontal is probably best.

Your posts/pictures seem fine to me.

I'd probably say build a couple of 2'x2's if you can and use the full sized elsewhere, but if this isn't possible horizontal is probably best.

Your posts/pictures seem fine to me.

sorry i didnt understand how u meant,

did u mean build some 4'' 2 ft by 2ft or 2'' insulation traps?

sorry i didnt understand how u meant,

did u mean build some 4'' 2 ft by 2ft or 2'' insulation traps?
I was just meaning 2ft by 2ft, I wasn't really talking about thickness, but 2" should be sufficient for the side reflections.

panadamonk

I was just meaning 2ft by 2ft, I wasn't really talking about thickness, but 2" should be sufficient for the side reflections.

great sounds good. ill build about 4 of these. thanks for your help. do you think there is any thing else i can do to help the room?

great sounds good. ill build about 4 of these. thanks for your help. do you think there is any thing else i can do to help the room?

Maybe a blue and red lava lamp...

Sorry I'm pretty clueless on subjects other than lava lamps.

okay i built 2 2x2 4inch thick ones in BROWN, and i have 4 full sized 1's in RED at 4inch thick. i have to wait a while till i get more money, im almost out. ive got enough to do the roof though. change of plan with the desk too. im having a carpenter build me one for 60 poundddd :D im gunna have a browse n try n get some plans for 1 i like. i took few pics so ill upload them 2nite or 2moz. ha

Back