Stolen!

They stole your van to do the bank job, found when they got down the road it was full of gear (stuff), too much trouble to empty it out easier to steal another empty van.

Alan.

Or it was just parked in waiting till the next day to do the dirty deed. there must of been plenty of room for several large bags.

The reason most (older) cars get stolen is that someone just wants to get home....

That is one scenario but the vehicle isn't that old.
A friend pointed out to me that it was swept under the rug because they know who did the theft and could very well be someone like a judges, or senators, or anyone of high public offices son.

That's crazy dude. After a gig one night we stopped at an all night burger joint and someone stole our PA right out of the back of my truck. It sucked. It was an open pickup and we were trying to watch it but I guess we just forgot about it - pretty stupid on my part but I was hungry :p

That's crazy dude. After a gig one night we stopped at an all night burger joint and someone stole our PA right out of the back of my truck. It sucked. It was an open pickup and we were trying to watch it but I guess we just forgot about it - pretty stupid on my part but I was hungry :p

Now that was an expensive burger Wes!

Hey! Now I know how to steal a car and NOT have the cops chasing me! Thanks!

I know ..... Got me to thinking about the whole way this was handled by our finest.

You know, the police not investigating the "crime scene," and making it easy for you to get your gear and then get the heck out of Dodge so fast, does make me wonder what might have been going on behind the scene. A bank job coming off shortly afterwards, and them wanting to print the van then makes me even more suspicious. I don't think "conspiracy," so much as "gross incompetence." Like, if you had allowed them to print the van, I wonder if the report might not have been back-dated to make it appear they had done their jobs in a timely manner.

You know, the police not investigating the "crime scene," and making it easy for you to get your gear and then get the heck out of Dodge so fast, does make me wonder what might have been going on behind the scene. A bank job coming off shortly afterwards, and them wanting to print the van then makes me even more suspicious. I don't think "conspiracy," so much as "gross incompetence." Like, if you had allowed them to print the van, I wonder if the report might not have been back-dated to make it appear they had done their jobs in a timely manner.

Yeah the system is broken for sure.

Theives suck. There's no other way to say it. Unfortunately with the economy in the state it's in theft is on the rise. Some people will go to extremes to make ends meet.

I have lost a lot of gear over the years, but nothing like what you had happen. I also have yet to get back a single thing that was taken. I have had a 1964 Les Paul grow legs and walk off, an HD projector, stage monitors, power amp, etc. It is sad really. Most of this stuff was taken during tear down and loading. The strange part; I have never lost a single item in an area that was considered "shady", "suspicious", or "dangerous".

I used to drag race motorcycles. The amount of theft in that field is insane. People are constantly losing tools, bikes, entire trailers, trucks, etc. One night I decided to sleep in my trailer. It was early March and I suddenly woke up to realize I was freezing. I got up to fill my generator only to notice that my trusty Honda 3000 had walked off. It was chained to the trailer, but.....

Back