Starting over again!

rpe

NM - Land of Excrement
I had to replace my aging PC with a new one. I can no longer use my Delta 1010 PCI card as my new motherboard will only accept PCI Express x1. I have Sonar X1 for my recording software and need advice on the audio interface to replace the Delta 1010. My choices are USB 2 or PCIE. I record acoustic guitar via microphones as well as midi. I only need two analog inputs at a time. I'd like zero latency monitoring and stable drivers for my Windows 7, 64 bit operating software. Would really appreciate your advice about which audio interfaces to buy without exceeding $300.

thanks,

Reed

ps: my perfectly working Delta 1010, with PCI card, cable, and breakout box are for sale!!

I haven't been on this board in quite a while but it used to be you could get some help around here. Did I ask a stupid question?

What is your budget by the way? I only recommend the 1800 because it is absolutely stable with W7, and it has the most bang for the buck. There are interfaces with better preamps and converters, but at 3 times the price. That said, the unit sounds absolutely awesome at the price level.

Thanks Jimmy,

I'd like to stay around $300; are you experiencing any driver issues with the Tascam 1800?

I have not, though I actually use it's predecessor, the 1641. It is the same unit with an updated look and external power supply. I believe the exact same drivers as well. From everything I have heard from members here and from friends who use it, the drivers are rock solid. I have heard of people having issues, but some people have no idea how to set up their systems. I just ordered a $99 US800 to test it on my computers. I bought it to find out if the issues users are having are actually real. It will be for sale after I do the tests on it, later this week.

That's good to hear. The US 800, with 6 ins would probably work for me. Let me know how it performs on your set up and maybe we can do business with your sale.

Reed

ps: this is how I remember this board! Great help from caring members!

Last edited:
Sounds good man. You are the first to offer, so first I will contact to sell it to. That is, if it does indeed work with W7. Amazon says delivery between 1-6 and 1-11. It will only take a day or two to run it through the motions.

Here is my review on the US800.

Sorry man, I hadn't heard back from you about purchasing, and this thread got buried. It sold for $90 Monday. They are still available at Amazon for $99. :D

Back