Speakers/Power Amp

Not sure what you are talking about...who is trying to "burn you down"....?
It was a simple question,

It wasn't a simple question and you know that yourselve like everyone who can read knows it. You're trying to trip me suggesting me lack of knowledge.
I know poker and bluff too. :rolleyes:

you're betting that any decent home stereo speakers will do because that's what "we hear"...etc...

...but if you have nothing to back that up with, well...you lose the bet. :)

That's not what i said, so that's not were i lose the bet with. Don't twist my words in your advantages.
And i already backed it up with the $100.000 speakers. :cool:

All that other stuff about you playing as a musician , and label owners in your family circle...yada, yada...is actually irrelevant.
There's lots of musicians who can't hear when their guitar is out of tune. :D

Yeah, right. Too simple this. :yawn: Now falling down to this level i'm going to look for beer and nuts too. :p
For your information: i tune all my guitars without tuning device for all my life. :guitar:

Again...

But i'll let you win. I'm quite from now on. [crawling back into my shell now] :facepalm: :o

I play with music for fun, record for fun, and i'm here for fun. So please keep it fun!!! Ok?

So please stop this foolish discussion now cause everyone is already grabbing beer and nuts. :cheers:

:laughings:

:wtf:

OK...never mind...you obviously can't back up what you were claiming/betting...that's all I wanted to know.

It's "quiet"...not "quite".

I figured the first time you misspelled it earlier, it was a typo...but now that's twice. ;)
Enjoy you nuts-n-beer...

This and some other threads got me thinking.
Why is it the newcomers are always seeming to want to start arguments? :D

Get the lay of the land. Get to know people, make friends.
Get yourself established, let people know you're not full of shit.

Then, aurgue! :D

It's funny...I wasn't even trying to argue with the guy.
He made a claim, a bet...I asked based on what experience...and he says I'm trying to trip him up by asking that. :D

Hey...I don't mind arguing valid points, even with newcomers...what gets me is how many recording newbs come in here all full of "knowledge" and "experience" and lots of wrong preconceived notions...and when you question them about it, they will get upset and argue not over the facts of the original topic...but over the fact that you are questioning their know-how. :facepalm:

First hurdle: 'regular speakers' exists only as a concept. There is no such thing in real life. What there is, though, is a vast array of speakers, all of varying quality, varying sound, varying response and built for varying purposes. There is nothing regular about them.

So how does one create a mix that will sound reasonable on this non-uniform spectrum of speakers? If you mix to make it sound good on one set of 'regular speakers' there's a good chance it will sound not so good on other sets of 'regular speakers'.

What you are looking for is a set of 'regular speakers' that somehow represents the majority of speakers. This does exist, kind of. This is the function of studio monitors. The best ones are designed to be as neutral as possible, so that when you listen to the mix, you hear the actual content and not any coloration the speakers might impart to it. This doesn't mean the mix will sound good on every speaker. What it does mean, though, is that if it doesn't sound good, it is not a consequence of your own monitoring system, but of the capability of the speaker you are listening to.

Good post - accurate and informative IMHO.

It's funny...I wasn't even trying to argue with the guy.

This and some other threads got me thinking.
Why is it the newcomers are always seeming to want to start arguments? :D

Who argued? I only trown up something to get answers to learn something from. Like from the nice and friendly reactions i got from gecko zzed and some more.
Why is it that those who think who own a forum alway's think they can insult newbies like there some ignorant underclass meanwhile themselves acting like there some god or whatever? That's alway's the same too.

He made a claim, a bet...I asked based on what experience...and he says I'm trying to trip him up by asking that.

Yeah right. And you believe it yourself? That smiley and sarcastic undertone were there for nothing. You wasn't going to shut me down if i had some less experience? :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity...what studio mixing experience are you betting with...? :)

And now you can't win on the 'experience' part your must go bullshitting childish about a type faillure? Man your showing quiet clear what you're trying to do.
Another bet? I bet you make much more misspellings if you have to type my language.

It's "quiet"...not "quite".

I figured the first time you misspelled it earlier, it was a typo...but now that's twice. ;)

Get the lay of the land. Get to know people, make friends.
Get yourself established, let people know you're not full of shit.

Busy doing that. Getting to know the people much better. The good, the bad, AND the ugly. :cool:
Found the ignore list in the forum already too. ;)

Perhaps a good tip for the oldies too. You don't know who's entering, so show newbies your not full of shit. Can you follow it? Or need some more explanation?
Back to the nuts and beer now. :cheers: Waiting for your next attempt to trip me.

All that blah, blah, blah...and you still haven't said what experience you're making your bets on...

....or you can't.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

So you still haven't said what experience you're making your bets on...or you can't.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):

I did say it. Read. I said it in your language so it mustn't be that hard for you to understand it.
I'm not gonna justify myself anymore at your wish. Don't have to prove myself to you. You're not getting me on my knees.

Btw. Having a studio and an internet domain with a nice story on it doesn't state your qualities.
Which known bands have you produced that state to me that your professional? Cause making a song FOR Jimmy Page or BB King is not the same as makeing a song WITH them.
How many golden records did you make? Or, how many real records did you ever make which were sold on the market? More than me? :laughings: :laughings: :laughings:
That would state professionality i now can't find in your biography. MIROSLAV MUSIC

Many gearsluts in the world adoring technique and meter and lights who can't name a tone or have any feel for a good song. Everyone can build a studio, buy gear with many nobs and lights, and put some guitars on the wall. And register a .com with some text and images behind it.
And play with some friends in a band is something many have done.
That doesn't make one professional. Where do you belong? What's your 'professional' experience? Or in simple words: Who are you to talk to me like that?

How easy is this were you're going to. As you can see i can do the same as you try.
What are we going to do? Try to trip each other? Then answers please stating your 'professionality'.
Or bury the battle axe? I choose the last one. You?

Last edited:
You talking about being a musician and having family friends who know someone who is a label owner...that doesn't give YOU experience to make bets that stereo Hi Fi speakers are just as good as studio reference monitors.

You made the comment...I asked the question...you had nothing to reply other than to spend a half dozen or more posts trying to dig out.
Now...if you had asked a question.... Are stereo HiFi speakers just as good for mixing? ...different story.

No one is trying to "trip you up" or any of that...you're doing it to yourself.
Just say you don't know...it's all good.

Oh....and you're not going to trip me up on any recording/studio questions...but give it your best shot....oh, and post up some of those gold records you're talking about.

You talking about being a musician and having family friends who know someone who is a label owner...that doesn't give YOU experience to make bets that stereo Hi Fi speakers are just as good as studio reference monitors.

I did gave an answer about the good speakers. Read.

And that label owner and once world famous guitarist is a friend of my uncle yeah. Why i know him in person too, and been in it's studio also. Yes, my family AND ME know him yes. NOT a friend of a friend of a friend....
Read!

Just say you don't know...it's all good.

I did gave an answer. Read.

Oh....and you're not going to trip me up on any recording/studio questions...but give it your best shot....oh, and post up some of those gold records you're talking about.

Again your twisting my words to your advantage. Can't you read words in the right order or whatever? Or are you realy just childish?
Who said i have a gold record? Not me.
I said i was in a recording studio to record my part for on a record. I can show it if i would. Even prove of it online. But you first. I want to know to whom i talk.

And i asked if you have a gold record, cause you're 'so good'. And immediately i asked if you ever made even any officially released record, black vinyl, or cd. Or known artists you recorded an official released record with (not "for" as your site say's). Well, did you?
You would have to succeed naming some, cause 'youre the greatest'. Or was it just (to quote yourselve) blah, blah, blah? Or as RFR said 'full of shit'? And are you just an amateur like most of us here?

Come on man. Prove yourselve. Make you're words true. What states your professionality, cause i only seen words until now, even on your own websites biograpy. Who are you to talk to me like that?
You can't?? :yawn:

Last edited:
Well...you've been to my website...so you can see that I actually have a studio, and have been recording for a long time, and I know that HiFi stereo speakers don't work because I use studio monitors.

What's your story...?...and please don't tell me again you know someone who knows someone, or that you stood in a studio once...or even that you once laid down some tracks in someone's studio.

We are talking about home HiFi speakers VS studio monitors for mixing
Stay focused...otherwise you'll just wreck again like you did above.

@42low,
You keep proving my point.

Newcomers coming here and aurguing.

As a member of this forum, I'm not questioning your ability, or lack of. I'm not questioning your experience, or lack of. Nor am I professing any superiority over you, or anyone else, for being new.

There are quite a few quite knowledgeable people that are new to this place. No one equates new with idiot.

I am however questioning your intense aurgumentive nature, and advising to cool down and chill a bit.

Ar the rate it's going it's just a matter of time before you start telling people to go fuck themselves.
Then you'll get banned, and we'll chuckle over the train wreck.

Well...you've been to my website...so you can see that I actually have a studio, and have been recording for a long time

Yeah. Recording yourselve. Like everyone else here does. Like even any unprofessional lights and knobs loving gearslut can.
Didn't hear you well i think. Recording for which albums or artists did you say?? :rolleyes:

What's your story...?...and please don't tell me again you know someone who knows someone, or that you stood in a studio once...or even that you once laid down some tracks in someone's studio.

That's my story. I really recorded for a vinyl record which was sold on the record market.
I too record many years. I do have a studio. I do (MYSELF!!!!) know a former world famous guitarist, no record label owner and recording songs for famous artists appearing in the hit charts.
Can name and state all i'm saying.
Read!!!
Can't make it any different than it is. Sorry!

Now your turn.
Bands? (not the not famous school bands from your site) Artists? Albums? Professional, or lots of bla bla and a short d*ck?

@42low,
You keep proving my point.

Newcomers coming here and aurguing.

Now man. Newcomers don't let themselves put down by gods with lot's of bla bla and no references. I won't let myself be shut up by someone equal and no more than that.
Go insult someone else and twist someone else's words. Not me, not mine.
The arrogance newcomers are confronted with by those who think there god. Pffff. :spank:

Still got no answers about his professionality. No answers available? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Clear!!!

Back