Spanish Dance

I came home now,body and ears tired :D , David (almost 11 PM in Brazil) ...tomorrow morning I´ll download and listen carefully!

Ciro.

The sound/tone/mix and playing are excellent on this piece. The bass??? sounds really good, deep but not overwhelming. The main horn is very good too - sounds pretty live. All your patches are sounding really good. Percussion must have been fun with the tempo changes ;):D Lively little section towards the end has that cool cartoon vibe. Strings as always my favorite...

Thanks antichef, Ciro and Gerry.:)

Fantastic recording -- can you give some production details?

Lots of sex and violence.:eek: Err, oops, I meant lots of Synths and Violins.:D

30 violin tracks: 12 on first, 10 on second, 8 on viola stuff. I basically make a shell of the piece and fill in the blanks. The hardest part is tempo changes.:cool:

FANTASTIC, DAVID!...
...performance (as usual, but this time you "kick"/tempo changes are really hard...) and perfect mix too, all in the right place.If I could add a "little":D suggestion...percussion started at 01:24 ("tambourine?),seems a "bit" loud (altough song is in a"crescendo" and I´m sure is intentional).

Ciro

www.soundclick.com/ciromoreau

Very enjoyable, David, but I'm afraid I can't dance to it until I lose some weight.:D Those leaps are killing me.:o

Thanks for listening cm, jr, ciro and xeries.:cool:

...percussion started at 01:24 ("tambourine?),seems a "bit" loud

Percussion is changing as we speak.:D I found some better patches that sound more like Castanets.

Very enjoyable, David, but I'm afraid I can't dance to it until I lose some weight

I'm doing that right now.:( Fruit, whole wheat pasta, boring healthy cereals, chicken, salads. Salads suck, gimme a calzone dag nabit.:cool:

The violins sound great David. I know you're trying to balance the whole group in a tasteful, non fiddle-centric way, but I'd prefer this with the fiddles a little hotter generally. The castanets sound good.

Original mix - seems brighter, more open, violins are more dominant. Lively mix.
Redux mix - seems slightly more even instrument-wise. Radio type mix IMO.

Are you compressing the stereo master? And if so would you take that off when you're mastering? Just be nice to know some details on the process...

The "cartoon part" has a great reverb on it - very bouncy!

Percussion is good on both, hard to pick a favorite, although the redux has a cool arpeggio? of some kind going on with the percussion, which is neat. I guess thinking about the theme being Spanish, the castanets would fit better. Need to put in a video with some Spanish dancers with tap shoes on:D

:D:cool::D:cool:

Thanks Tim and Gerry.:cool:

but I'd prefer this with the fiddles a little hotter generally.

I am hoping to get a new mic soon and redo them. Then I can crank it.:D

Are you compressing the stereo master?

Not at all. I am doing no "mastering" at all, I will leave that to somebody else.

Spanish Dance, Anitra's Dance, Sabre Dance = aha ! you're making a dance album

I am making an album based on legends, myths and folklore. One that happens to have a lot of dances.:D Next up is the hungarian dance and the Neapolitan dance. The sabre dance has been canned, I didnt like it.;)

Man your stuff is allways superb.

This is very well orchestrated and arranged.

There is some very nice playing here.

My only nit is the percussion (specially the tamburine), it sounds to electric to me, maybe some verb would fix it.

But thats only nitpicking allover its awsome:cool:

I am hoping to get a new mic soon and redo them. Then I can crank it.:D
Got your eye on anything specific?

Not at all. I am doing no "mastering" at all, I will leave that to somebody else.
The reason I mentioned that was because the instruments in the mix have an even level. Pretty impressive playing/mixing if you can get things to balance so well, cosidering the dynamics of violins and the touch sensitivity on keyboards. :)

I am making an album based on legends, myths and folklore. One that happens to have a lot of dances.:D Next up is the hungarian dance and the Neapolitan dance. The sabre dance has been canned, I didnt like it.;)
That will be a good theme, and lend itself to cool cover art :cool:

Back