Soundcraft... or something else?

boulty said:
at the moment I have the delta 1010lt soundcard
Unless you need balanced inputs I wouldn't rush to replace that. The next step up would be the full 1010, then you're looking at MOTU, RME etc.

Well, I recommend the M8 or M12. The digital out option might come in handy too.

the difference between the e12 and m12 is the m12 has direct outs, better range EQ(i think) and it has the pres that are in the Ghost mixer. all that coupled with a 200-300 price difference makes for an interesting decision with yourself when it comes to saving up for it

noisedude said:
Unless you need balanced inputs I wouldn't rush to replace that. The next step up would be the full 1010, then you're looking at MOTU, RME etc.

Well, I recommend the M8 or M12. The digital out option might come in handy too.

cheers for the advice, yeah I'll look into the M8/12 I think

All I can tell you is that I'm VERY happy with my M12, and I got it at a total bargain price too. Good luck saving!

The new M series Soundcraft mixers feature a S/PDif output which allows your house mix to remain intact whilst allowing an output to your DAT or other digital recording device.The pres in the M series while being very good are BASED on the Ghost pre but are not exactly the same.ie similar architecture different components. You cannot go wrong with one of these for your use...the direct outs are pre/post fader (on the mono channels) giving you basically a large array of combinations to choose from with your patching.Any outboard gear should go direct to the recorder or why bother adding it....

Back