Soundcard Recomendation

covana

I need a decent recording soundcard in the 100 dollar range, could you please give me some suggestions?
Thank you!

There is only one decent card in that range. Dont expect me to say Soundblaster ;) (soundblaster users forgive me :) ) The audiophile 2496 is the best. You'll be happy when you get that. The fact is, it is a little more than $100, but you can get it on ebay for around $100. Good Luck man!

might wanna check out the echo mia...last i saw they were having them at blow out deals...i think 99 for 2 ins and 8 outs! i think the conversion maybe slight better then the delta 410

M Audio Revolution at CompUSA $99 or less

sound card that i use...107 db snr

16/24 bit 96 khz recording capability and its a 7.1 surround sound card also !

Great purchase sound quality is wonderful if you have a mixer monitor from your mixer instead of your card...the only drawback is you cant play simultaneous with effects but its a great alternative...

for now
that Revolution card kicks ASS

Check it out

Peace
Illa

Teacher said:
might wanna check out the echo mia...last i saw they were having them at blow out deals...i think 99 for 2 ins and 8 outs! i think the conversion maybe slight better then the delta 410

A lot of those soundcards use the same convertors - the Delta series, Aardvark, Terratec...not sure about the Echo cards though

Nope

Teacher said:
i'm pretty sure it doesn't record @ 24/96 just play back...

The card has a higher resolution for playback than recording

maximum recording is 24 bit 96 khz...maximum playback is 24 bit 192 khz...check out the specs on it

M Audio Revolution 7.1

Great card for under 100 bucks!

Peace

Illa

MAGIX music studio 2004 deLuxe FOR $80 is going to be hard to beat. I use Samplitude Pro which cost over $1,000. MAGIX owns Samplitude now and the Samplitude driver and and an amazing number of Samplitude features are in music studio. MAGIX also uses much of Emagics MIDI engine. There were several complaints over at the Samplitude site about spending so much more for the Pro version. I'm sure you won't come close to this quality anywhere for $80.

Chuck

Bulls Hit said:
A lot of those soundcards use the same convertors - the Delta series, Aardvark, Terratec...not sure about the Echo cards though

same converter chip maybe, same analog section most likely not thats where the difference really comes to play, then comes the clock THEN the chip...

GREAT GREAT Info!!!

WoW! This site details the M Delta 410 soundcard, and explains an extreme amount about everything there is to do with how a soundcard works!!

A VERY informative site and is a smooth easy read!

Enjoy!

Back