Sonar 3

Okay, if DR-008 is gone and I don't want to install it from the 2.0 disk, can I use Vsampler? All I want is to set up my own drum kit, and then tweek sound character and volume of the individual parts of the drum kit. If that can be done just as well in Vsampler, I will be fine.

I put Win 2K on a 300 mHz laptop and that nearly killed it.

I'd be intrested to see what happens with XP.

Best of luck !

Dr_simon said:
I put Win 2K on a 300 mHz laptop and that nearly killed it.
Yeah, but I would never install Win2K on a 300 MHz. There's one of the differences between WIn2k and XP.

And do you think WinXP boots slow? Click here. My machine boots on 30 seconds, and that's from power off to it's ready for use! :)

Cool man I wasn't tiring to be a smart ass or anything.

We never tried XP on the laptop so as far as I'm concerned it is still a mystery !

We also didn't have much in the way of Ram (about 32 Mb I think).

Anyway best of luck dude !

No offence taken at all.. :)

I don't think it's possible to install Windows XP with 32 MB RAM. I think the installation program just quits.

No Winxp will not work with less than 128M RAM. But that said I wouldn't recommend anything less than 256M normally or 512M if you were building a DAW. And .... I don't think I'd consider any computer with a processor less than 600Mhz as being suitable for Winxp.

actually Im running xp on a laptop with 64 meg ram... dont ask me how :)

You cant do much with it but it will run sonar

actually Im running xp on a laptop with 64 meg ram... dont ask me how

Yeah OK! I used to have a TRS-80 that ran with 16k of RAM! I loved it too!

I found this about min requirements of XP.

Minimum processor speed: 233 MHz; 300 MHz or faster recommended

Minimum RAM: 64MB (some features disabled); 128MB minimum recommended; best performance with 256MB or more

Minimum hard disk space: 1.5GB

I suppose you could make a large pot of coffee while it boots up!:)

Yes, it did for me anyway. Why have Microsoft removed it? Well, they can all burn.

Anybody want a copy can PM me with their e-mail adress.

Back