Soccer Guys - What does this mean?

lol @brassplanklite refusing to answer simple courteous questions....:D

---------- Update ----------

If you like sports with big hits as part of the game you should check out rugby, union or league. Awesome.. Prefer Union myself but thats cos it's what I played.

brassplanklite....:D

Now I got 2 guys using my lines. Flattering. :)

If you like sports with big hits as part of the game you should check out rugby, union or league. Awesome..
Rugby and American football are awesome. I was watching a bunch of "Best of Rugby hits" videos last night, actually. Tough sport.

Rugby and American football are awesome. I was watching a bunch of "Best of Rugby hits" videos last night, actually. Tough sport.

I find American football hard to watch simply because of all the stops and starts, just as it gets going it stops... frustrates me. Rugby is getting a little like that with the scrummage restarts and people are moaning about it...

btw That was hardly your lines Ramiplank, people here have been doing such things for years here. That maybe where you got the idea from...:)

Rugby is the real deal.

I find American football hard to watch simply because of all the stops and starts, just as it gets going it stops... frustrates me. Rugby is getting a little like that with the scrummage restarts and people are moaning about it...
Me too. Especially if you're used to a sport with continuity, like hockey or European football,etc....

btw That was hardly your lines Ramiplank, people here have been doing such things for years here. That maybe where you got the idea from...:)
Nah, the "-lite" thing was never done, but nice try. :)

Me too. Especially if you're used to a sport with continuity, like hockey or European football,etc....

Nah, the "-lite" thing was never done, but nice try. :)

lol... I had an alias here that chatar deleted even though I announced it as my new chosen and friendly user name.

Muttlite...:)

lol... I had an alias here that chatar deleted even though I announced it as my new chosen and friendly user name.

Muttlite...:)
Right. But not the same context, and I never saw it.

Anyway, whatever. It's yours. If I ever make money off it, I'll be sure to send you a check. ;)

I find American football hard to watch simply because of all the stops and starts, just as it gets going it stops... frustrates me.

You gotta watch it on DVR and FFWD the commercials. Otherwise it's unbearable. Without the commercials a game lasts 1.5 hours. With them they're more than 3 hours.

OK, well that was fun. Especially watching Greg-lite repeat my lines and have a mini-meltdown.....again. :D

I'll leave this conversation with these awesome words of wisdom:
there is zero diving in football...never has been, never will be
:laughings: :laughings: :laughings:

35 pages later: "I was just joking.....". :D

I'm outta here. Enjoy. :D

OK, well that was fun. Especially watching Greg-lite repeat my lines and have a mini-meltdown.....again. :D

I'll leave this conversation with these awesome words of wisdom::laughings: :laughings: :laughings:

35 pages later: "I was just joking.....". :D

I'm outta here. Enjoy. :D

You and your dam cave antics...:cursing:

You gotta watch it on DVR and FFWD the commercials. Otherwise it's unbearable. Without the commercials a game lasts 1.5 hours. With them they're more than 3 hours.

I guess maybe, plus it's largely what you grow up with... The sport I coach is cricket and they have been going through a real rebrand in the last few years just to keep spectator interest. 20/20 is the thing and it's really improved the viewing figures. A three hour sport is OK if you are there and taking in the atmos but on TV not so much. Cricket lasts 6 hours and is great if you have a sunny day at the ground as the sport becomes a distraction rather than the prize. People wander about, drink, eat and hit the stands when something seems to be happening.... How strange we are..:)

I guess maybe, plus it's largely what you grow up with...

That's really what it boils down to. I can watch our football all day every day. I love it. I understand it, it's been in my blood since birth. Growing up in the south, that's all we ever play. Football, some baseball, not too much basketball. Definitely no hockey. The US south is a two sport region. Fall and winter - football. Spring and summer - baseball. Rinse and repeat. It's no surprise that tons of NFL players come from podunk towns in the south and rural areas in general. There aren't too many big city guys playing in the NFL. I can see why a soccer fan wouldn't get into football and vice-versa. Soccer is a slow steady stream of constant movement. Football is short bursts of intense activity. They're totally apples and oranges.

Sepp has announced that there are grave problems with FIFA and that he's the man to sort it out! Go Sepp....:cursing:

Too funny....:laughings:

That's really what it boils down to. I can watch our football all day every day. I love it. I understand it, it's been in my blood since birth. Growing up in the south, that's all we ever play. Football, some baseball, not too much basketball. Definitely no hockey. The US south is a two sport region. Fall and winter - football. Spring and summer - baseball. Rinse and repeat. It's no surprise that tons of NFL players come from podunk towns in the south and rural areas in general. There aren't too many big city guys playing in the NFL. I can see why a soccer fan wouldn't get into football and vice-versa. Soccer is a slow steady stream of constant movement. Football is short bursts of intense activity. They're totally apples and oranges.

Yeh but Rugby is short bursts of action rinse and repeat and then explosive finale to score which I think is what American football is about and I totally get rugby, I love it. The game is in the detail and thats what we all pickup as we grow up with one game or another.

I agree though, When I was in the States I went to a few baseball games and enjoyed them but it would have been so much better to have some one there to help me absorb the detail. Same as I know you sports whores would soon get into our favorite sports if you had some one to highlight whats happening in the detail. I'd love to go to a few elite sports games over in the States with some of you guys so I could get a short cut to the passion and I'd also love to take you guys to some of our elite contests.

Apart from the "what you grow up with" thing, there is a large element of actually being there at the game that helps you finally "get it", a bit like live music. I could take any of you guys to a Premiership game at West Ham where I'm a season ticket holder of many years and I promise you'd always be a fan despite them being mostly shite.....;)

Sepp has announced that there are grave problems with FIFA and that he's the man to sort it out! Go Sepp....:cursing:

Too funny....:laughings:

He has a terminal case of deja vu...:)

lol @ 'roidy rami's inability to let it go

there is no diving...evah

You're a Hibs fan right...?

No wait... you're from Glasgow, oh hell you're a scot. can we have our pitch back please...:)

Back