So apparently - folks at Fox News were not being honest with their viewers

A civil war?
Is that the threat that is the result of too many guns in the hands of too many people?
What a sick fucking thing.
And all because of lies...
What a joke... it ain't funny though...

Leddy brought civil war into the discussion . I asked questions....and I don't think either of us were laughing. ymmv

OK, well all I've gotta say is that civil war, or even the discussion of it based on lies is disgusting, anti democracy, and anti republic.

Dave, dave dave. You repeatedly cause me to lose faith in you.

I'm not jockeying for Civil war. But as most of us know, civil war can at times be unavoidable and necessary. Do you not know the history of the US? The American civil war was indeed necessary to challenge the lie that Africans and Africans born into slavery in this country were lesser human beings to be sold as chattel and held in bondage. A solution between those who embraced the lie for personal enrichment and those who abhorred the practice was to divide the nation between slave states, and abolitionist states. But this would have severed the nation. The civil war was fought to save the....say it with me, Dave.... Republic.

Dave, dave dave. You repeatedly cause me to lose faith in you.

I'm not jockeying for Civil war. But as most of us know, civil war can at times be unavoidable and necessary. Do you not know the history of the US? The American civil war was indeed necessary to challenge the lie that Africans and Africans born into slavery in this country were lesser human beings to be sold as chattel and held in bondage. A solution between those who embraced the lie for personal enrichment and those who abhorred the practice was to divide the nation between slave states, and abolitionist states. But this would have severed the nation. The civil war was fought to save the....say it with me, Dave.... Republic.
Civil war based on lies is avoidable.

First off, how are you going to know who the enemy is? Are you going door to door and asking who they voted for? Are you going to wear
MAGA hats and wave Rainbow flags or should we just go with the good ole blue and gray? Second, does anyone think the military or the police
are going to let the rabble run amok in the street? They like shooting people regardless of party affiliation. Get real and don't be silly. Most americans
are too fat, too lazy, too busy living from paycheck to paycheck to participate in your fantasies of a civil war.

I don't think civil war is imminent. The notion makes me sad.

The more realistic outcome is division - increasing division - which also makes me sad. Maybe I was wrong - but, while imperfect, I thought we had a pretty good thing going. This federation of states. Seems we can't handle the responsibilities of working towards "a more perfect union". And I think I get it - that some don't even want that..... have no interest in even working any further on this experiment in folks governing themselves. I happen to think it's a worthwhile endeavor. Que sera, sera.

Back