So apparently - folks at Fox News were not being honest with their viewers

What's all this about democracy? I live in a republic. The founders chose not to create a democracy.
^^^I love this one...^^^
What a crock of shit. :ROFLMAO:
All of your (and mine) politics are done in a democratic way. You live (and so do I) in a democracy FFS.

^^^I love this one...^^^
What a crock of shit. :ROFLMAO:
All of your (and mine) politics are done in a democratic way. You live (and so do I) in a democracy FFS.
You obviously have been in Canada for too long. Don’t remember your pledge of allegiance.

Ps. Days or maybe a week ago you said Canada was communist. Make up your mind.

Not one word of democracy in the pledge of allegiance
While the word “democracy” does not appear in the United States Constitution, the document provides the basic elements of representative democracy: an electoral system based on majority rule, separation of powers, and a dependence on a rule of law. Also, America’s Founding Fathers used the word often when debating the form and function of the Constitution.

However, a long-running debate over whether the United States is a democracy or a republic continues today. According to a growing number of political scientists and constitutional scholars, it is both—a “democratic republic.”

Similar to democracy, a republic is a form of government in which the country is governed by the elected representatives of the people. However, since the people do not govern the state themselves, but do so through their representatives, a republic is distinguished from direct democracy.

Professor Eugene Volokh of the UCLA School of Law argues that the governments of democratic republics embrace the principles shared by both republics and democracies. To illustrate his point, Volokh notes that in the United States, many decisions on local and state levels are made by the people through the process of direct democracy, while as in a republic, most decisions at the national level are made by democratically elected representatives.

The congresss and senate are democratic, as in majority rule, but the country is a republic.

Although this country started off as a republic and that being the intent of the founders, its evolved, or should I say been corrupted.
In reality it’s has turned into a fascist government. And I use the original definition of fascism started by Mussolini.

A merger of State and Corporate governance.

That’s lovingly called in today’s language, “public private partnership”

Back