Slant Faced Studio Rack Cabinet!

Gorty

I made myself a rack cabinet for my rack mount gear last week. I didn't take too many photos due to not thinking about it until I had applied the first coat of stain.
Here it is anyway. It is a 12 ru space unit with a shelf at the bottom which I haven't actually fixed in position yet.
The wood is radiata pine with 3 coats of Sekkins Teak stain which is steel wooled ("000" grade) in between coats to obtain a smooth finish. In real life the cabinet matches my desk stain beautifully!

I drilled and screwed every rack rail mounting hole just to make sure the rails held the weight of all the rack components. So far I only have 9 ru spaces being used, an interface may well be the next rack piece to be purchased.

I even fitted little casters on the bottom to make it easy to wheel around for cable routing etc.

Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• Copy of Valley View 160.jpg
    Copy of Valley View 160.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 309
  • Copy of Valley View 161.jpg
    Copy of Valley View 161.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Copy of Valley View 212.jpg
    Copy of Valley View 212.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 299
A few more pics. A couple of blank vented (grill) rack pieces were fitted to provide ventilation.

Attachments

• Copy of Valley View 218.jpg
    Copy of Valley View 218.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Copy of Valley View 219.jpg
    Copy of Valley View 219.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 287
  • Copy of Valley View 220.jpg
    Copy of Valley View 220.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Copy of Valley View 221.jpg
    Copy of Valley View 221.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 296
Nice work GortyDude! :D

it does look suspiciously like a rack another guy built over at A&A.
hmmmm......

:p

Thanx everyone for your compliments..:)

Hey Dogbreath, my rack cabinet is better than that douchebags over at A&A, he's a poof! :p

I know what ya mean. And he's not a slob either.
freakin poof. :mad:

no wait...
wrong guy. :o

sorry GortyDude:D

I like to have everything in order, I like to be able to relax and not get caught up in a shit fight with leads, cables etc. I even vacuum my studio 4 times a day whether it needs it or not! :D

Man I 've been thinkin' about all the work you've done and wanted to give ya a few points. Do with them what you will, but enjoy them!

Back