Simple mic question - am I wrong?

scuppari, after you get the cables and when your posting your ebay feedback for Brad Ass... post a link to this thread for the comment. :D

tomleblanc, the Marshall MXL603SPR that 8th street is selling is a Matched Stereo Pair. They come with a papers stating the following...

MARSHALL ELECTRONICS

Congraulations! and Thank You for your purchase of the MLX603SPR Stereo Matched Pair. These 2 microphones have been carefully matched at Marshall Electronics in El Segundo, CA. They have been evaluated and paired according to their sonic characteristics to provide you with the quality you've come to expect from Marshall Electronics.

Marshall Electronics, Inc.
1910 East Maple Avenue
El Segundo, CA 90020
800-800-6608
www.mxlmics.com

If you want to know more about what they mean by "paired according to their sonic characteristics" you'll have to ask Harvey... he's the teacher.

DJL said:
tomleblanc, the Marshall MXL603SPR that 8th street is selling is a Matched Stereo Pair. They come with a papers stating the following...

Wow, I'm amazed that you can get a matched pair of 603s' for $199! Thanks for the head's up DJL!

I'm shocked, because it's $429 for a matched pair of MC-012's at the Sound Room! Sounds to me like $199 is a GREAT price for the matched 603s then. From what I understand, there's a reasonable deal of extra testing and quality control that goes into sonically matching up mics, maybe more so with the Sound Room than with Marshall. But still, I wonder how Marshall keeps the price so low?

You welcome tomleblanc. I read that the MXL603S price may be going up soon... so if your going to get some you better hurry up... and yea, their a matched stereo pair.

tomleblanc said:
Wow, I'm amazed that you can get a matched pair of 603s' for $199! Thanks for the head's up DJL!

I'm shocked, because it's $429 for a matched pair of MC-012's at the Sound Room! Sounds to me like $199 is a GREAT price for the matched 603s then. From what I understand, there's a reasonable deal of extra testing and quality control that goes into sonically matching up mics, maybe more so with the Sound Room than with Marshall. But still, I wonder how Marshall keeps the price so low?

Shreve Audio had them for $169 not long ago. I asked for $129 but they said they would sell them to me for $169. With a little effort I'm sure anybody could get them for $169.

Thought it was a good deal from 8 th Street at $199. There is a document saying " MXL 603SPR Stereo Matched Pair. These 2 microphones have been carefully matched at Marshall Electronics in El Segundo, CA".
I have been happy with them, a bit boomy on acoustic guitar at the bridge but a good deal for the price.

tomleblanc said:
Here's a "stereo pair" of 603s' sold at 8thstreet.com:

http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?ProductCode=6450&Category=Microphones

So I was wondering, is THIS the set they sent you, with the two shockmounts included, and the case? If so, you probably got a pretty good deal, as I've never seen this anywhere for lower than the $199 at 8thstreet.

That's the stereo pair I've seen so many times on ebay, but this auction contained only one picture.. a single 603, but stated this was for a stereo pair of 603s with case, mic clips and cables.
To my knowledge, you can buy this set (as shown at 8th street) or you can buy them individually. I've never seen any other pair of 603s packaged as a stereo set unless they were "matched" with the MXL documentation.

Back