simple acoustic stuff

SLuiCe and Toki, was wondering if you listened to my remix? If you did im back to square one LOL, thanks fella's!

Whatdya mean you ain't got no pipes?:confused: Your one of the best vocalists on the board!

This is a cool tune, though the guitar parts get a bit busy in a few spots. A bit of light percussion (like a shaker or egg) and a nice acoustic slide would be really cool in this.:cool:

Yes, I will listen, lmao. :D :D - Nice backup vocalist over there on the right...I'm thinking a relative of some sort? :D

I like this a LOT better w/o the huge verb. Before, it was kinda' reminiscent of those hair band mixes from the late 80's...nothing really "wrong" with it, but still....I like this a lot better. You changed the backups a lot...uncluttered them somehow...maybe it's the reduced verb? No, you did some other stuff, lol.

Dave, I like it. Now here's a comment that I bet you'll never see again...I NEED SOME SIBILANCE ON YOUR VOCAL AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SONG. Dude, have you ever seen something so stupid in writing? I think it's b/c I've been jacking around with some plate reverbs on a vocal track, looking for some nice tails w/o the mess...but on the very first line, on the word "see"...it's like the s got cut off...I really don't know why I notice crap like that. Besides, it's the dumbest nit-pick ever ("more sibilance, dude")...I'd call this done. Here's an important question. Do YOU like it better with the tamer verb?

Ok, Good job

This is a nice piece. Personally--I would lose the harmonies. I think this piece stands out on its own--good solid content. I think the harmonies are diluting it just a bit.

The vocal quality is excellent, playing is good. Nicely done.

Lord that's a nice recording......you definitely have the pipes for an acappella...so go do one............now! :D

A very good tune....I like the harmonies, I think they add a lot.......I guess that's a personal thing but I come from the "more is more" school of thought.
I heard the 2nd mix so I didn't hear the excessive 'verb........probably a good thing as this sounded very nice and natural.
Fine git playing too.........another good song from you.........getting to where I expect it.

BTW.....I made major progress on the collab last night......I'm hoping to finish it tonight.

Real nice power in your voice. But you always maintain a nice ambience.

The only thing I'd say is I second (or third) the idea of doubling the harmony vocals. It would give it a real nice choir (almost) sound to it. I think the effect would be good.

I sort of liked the big verb on the vocals. But that kind of stuff has a particular sound of its own, so I can understand how people might not want it so big.

Trip...

I loved the vocals on this. Nice seperation, nice tracking, great performance. This song could definitely handle a more elaborate arrangement, though its good like this.

haven't had a sore throat in twenty years..

..but I do now, forgot how bad this stuff hurts.

M.brane: Yeah I had thought about getting some drums on this but thinking it might be a little much...some light percussion would work though. Yep gtr's are busy, should edit some of that out probably. Thanks Brane!

chrisharris:
Yes, I will listen, lmao. - Nice backup vocalist over there on the right...I'm thinking a relative of some sort?
Haha, yeah she was on her way back to school that evening when I was going for the 2nd mix. But I made her spend a little QT with her dad for about 20min hehe! Yeah I never did find the right verb for this..not one I really liked. I do like the lead vox with the lesser reverb on it though.
...I NEED SOME SIBILANCE ON YOUR VOCAL AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SONG
DUDE..:D haha, yeah I hear ya...maybe after I get over this strap-throat shit I got LOL! Thanks a ton for the relisten chris!

sloop: Tell ya the truth, I kinda tend to agree with ya for the most part sloop. I think it might be to much in most of it, there's a couple places where I think they sound okay..but just a couple places:) Thanks sloop!

Lt. Bob:
.another good song from you.........getting to where I expect it.
Yikes! I'm in trouble now:D Appreciate the words Steve! I've sent a pm your way. Take it easy bro..

TripleM: I had called myself doubling the harmony vox already:D I'm still new to all this harmony vocal stuff...and you know it TRIP!!!:D I appreciate ya brother!

ashulman:
This song could definitely handle a more elaborate arrangement
I agree. I'm hearing things now I wished I'd done(and still may) and some things I wished i'd left off..or done diffrently. Thanks for the time and ears ash!

I won't bump this again, i've taken enough space as it is. So thanks in advance if anyone else takes a listen. I appreciate you guys.

Sounds Good!

My only comment (and it is a personal preference) is I would drop some of the low end EQ on the Background Vocals. They tend to crowd you out just a little. Might make it a little more "Angelic".

Missed the first mix, but I like this one a lot, and I really love your voice on this. I read the comparisons to Paul Rogers, but I kept thinking Steve Marriott. Either way, You Rock Dude!

Twist

i wouldnt add much to this.....percussion wise, maybe a tambourine in some of the heavy parts.......

great song....great guitar work....great vocal.....

obviously you added some background vocals....id actually add more......(fuck anyone who says less is more:D)

5 stars here.......

id have to say you make Gidges list of HomeRecordingDotCom's best unsigned talent.....

MIKE

Good guitar playing and very nice recording. Good rock vocal. I can't imagine this without the harmonies. My feeling is they took this nice song over the top.

Nice work! Mix sounded right to me.

I won't bump this again
:eek: :rolleyes: :D ...well it was right here in front of me.

tmix:
My only comment (and it is a personal preference) is I would drop some of the low end EQ on the Background Vocals. They tend to crowd you out just a little. Might make it a little more "Angelic".
I'm all about being more "Angelic" tmix:D . I'll keep this in mind tmix, I appreciate yer ears man!

twist:
read the comparisons to Paul Rogers,
Yeah I get that sometimes, I really can't hear it though. Thanks for the listen twist!

Gidge:
obviously you added some background vocals....id actually add more......(fuck anyone who says less is more)
That's what i'm sayin Gidge! Hahaha, hey I appreciate ya Mike!

skids:Thanks for listening bro! I'm gonna go look you up on here man I owe you some listens. Thanks!

Axe: Appreciate it Bruthah! Thanks for listening!
I won't bump this again
:rolleyes:

Sweet tune David!
I really loved the acoustic sound,nice playing.

First time I ever heard you with BG's,sounds great.
Has a real church gospel feel to it,very nice.

Your singing is great as always.

Pete

Back