Signature Files

I didn't realize you could get into really turning your sig into an unavoidable staement by scaling the font up.

For example...

Steven
www.mojopie.com
Giving away a pair of Extremes in September

Or, I can go crazy and...

Steven
www.mojopie.com

We shouldn't talk about this stuff because some of us just can't help but use our sigs for shameless plugs. :D

Or, we end up using a thread about sigs to make more shameless plugs.

I'm not neutral on the shameless plug thing but it seems to me if a person makes constructive posts then I don't care what they put in their sig. If you don't like the sigs then turn them off. If that doesn't work, then put the dude on your block list.

ozraves said:
I didn't realize you could get into really turning your sig into an unavoidable staement by scaling the font up.

For example...

Steven
www.mojopie.com

Or, I can go crazy and...

Steven
www.mojopie.com
Giving away a pair of Extremes in September To Henri Devill

We shouldn't talk about this stuff because some of us just can't help but use our sigs for shameless plugs. :D

Now it looks right :D

Something you need to keep in mind is that web content is a two-way street. I always list my sites in my sig. Heck, I was making a sig at HR before they allowed automatic sigs in every post.

On average, you'll find that folks who have some sort of professional affiliation in their sigs are also going to make more solid, experienced and knowledgeable contributions. Take everyone out of this forum who has a business-oriented link in their sig, and you take away a huge % of the quality posts. Take those away and you lose readership.

When I make posts at HR I provide content for HR. Better content makes for more readers. More readers means HR can raise advertising rates. HR makes money from the content of the people posting here.

If need be, you could say I pay my way at HR for having my sites linked in my sig by providing content for HR.

I'm also not anonymous here, and don't waste bandwidth by posting a bunch of psycho shit.

Last edited:
I believe that manufactures should post their affiliation in their signature when they come here....you believe it too DJL because you told Alan something about it once when he didnt.......

now what?

i cannot believe you had the audacity to PM people and tell them what to use in their signature.....thats hilarious.....

Dot said:
Something you need to keep in mind is that web content is a two-way street. I always list my sites in my sig. Heck, I was making a sig at HR before they allowed automatic sigs in every post.

On average, you'll find that folks who have some sort of professional affiliation in their sigs are also going to make more solid, experienced and knowledgeable contributions. Take everyone out of this forum who has a business-oriented link in their sig, and you take away a huge % of the quality posts. Take those away and you lose readership.

When I make posts at HR I provide content for HR. Better content makes for more readers. More readers means HR can raise advertising rates. HR makes money from the content of the people posting here.

If need be, you could say I pay my way at HR for having my sites linked in my sig by providing content for HR.

I'm also not anonymous here, and don't waste bandwidth by posting a bunch of psycho shit.
Very well said, Dan!

Back