Show your guitar, bass, acoustic, any stringed instrument harem!

What kind of strap do you use? There are some grippy ones that can help with that methinks.
Just get one of those metal type straps with the little diamond shaped studs on it and reverse it. The studs on the inside should keep it from slipping as your playing. :D

Keep your rehearsals and shows short, and you shouldn’t have your shoulder too tender the next day

I put a cheap nylon type strap on it. It is the strap that doesn't grip. They're ok for other guitars though.
I've never bothered to change it. A fancy leather strap with a rough side would probable do the trick.
Thanks for the sugestions.

There was a fire in a music store in Kingston N.Y. A bunch of Taylors had minor damage, some you couldn't see. I told the wife we should
buy all of them which would have maxed out a credit card. I wound up buying one for 600 and selling it a week later for a 1000. I could have
made some money but no..... It probably would have cost me about 15000 to buy them all but I bet I could have made five-seven grand on that,
maybe more.

Next up in my PRS fanboyism is a 2018 Silver Sky.
This is one of the first 500 that came with a hardcase (with a plaque) instead of a gigbag.
A very lucky local Craigslist deal, with a bonus flamed maple neck...

And yes... it lives up to the hype. :-)

One I didn't show in previous pics.
I had a gold bigsby lying around so I bought all gold hardware and switched it out. I bought ebony tuning knobs from our good friends in Vietnam, with ying yang ablone inlays and switched them out on the Grovers. I bought an ebony truss rod cover with a dragon ablone inlay from our good friends in Argentina and switched that out. I bought gold knobs with abalone inlay from guitar fetish and changed them out. All the inlay, binding, neck markings are all abolone. I should get a pic. I did switch out to gold filtertron pickups.

Attachments

• spg.jpg
    spg.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Nice one! What's with the foam on the whammy bar?
Great news for customizers and personalizers. For years there werent alot of flare to add to your instrument. It went away for a while. Things are popping up.

'THis weekend I stumbled upon a bunch that ALL should consider, too cool. Come back shit! Impulse buys isle, type things, but its cool.

padded "ultimate" trem arm from IBANEZ
Screenshot 2022-10-23 230648.jpgScreenshot 2022-10-23 230725.jpg
Padded arms and customs for BIXBY"S!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Screenshot 2022-10-24 072032.jpgScreenshot 2022-10-24 072342.jpg
THEN!! CUstomized whammy bars..Materials, Shape, Length, Mini's, Angles, Threads, with WOODEN KOBS! FUCK ME!
Screenshot 2022-10-24 072450.jpg
Wooden knobs with customs stained colors combos....made from recycled skate boards..
Screenshot 2022-10-24 072145.jpg
TSNUB is $7 bucks.
Screenshot 2022-10-24 075833.jpg

The 'Beak' is bring-ing it all back...everything good ...keep fighting. It will be awesome again. I promise. ,,,,....,..and believe in yourself.

Last edited:
I just sent four guitars to the consignment store to thin out the herd. What is with my Jaguar tremolo system, it really sucks Is there anything I can
do to improve it? For one, to much play in it before it actuates and it don't go far either way. I was thinking of sanding the body down and going natural. While at it
I was wondering if I could have it routed and install a Floyd Rose?

A nice collection
They've come over a number of years, ranging from 1990 to a couple of years ago. The acoustic guitars, mandolin and the electric 6-string are all from last century.
OK that stand-up bass is uber cool, and dayum... I don't think I've ever seen a 12 string Strat before, awesome!
It's not actually a Strat, it just masquerades as one ! It could be any brand, I just felt the time had come for an electric 12-string.
Funnily enough, it came from the same place as the double bass. About 8 years apart.

These are my main electrics. There’s a couple more kicking around in various states of disrepair, and all the acoustic things are in the bedroom. Then I’m “babysitting” a whole other collection which are mostly on the floor in this same room, but not pictured.

Most of these were pretty cheap but upgraded. The Xaviers are actually really decent guitars, and I got each of them as either blems or “luthier specials”, but honestly couldn’t hardly tell you why they were marked down.

Attachments

• 66F45E05-94AC-4EB0-9EE1-EBDCA4339093.jpeg
    66F45E05-94AC-4EB0-9EE1-EBDCA4339093.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
  • AA28A333-D9C6-4954-BE94-B1E8FECF6C6B.jpeg
    AA28A333-D9C6-4954-BE94-B1E8FECF6C6B.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back