Show your guitar, bass, acoustic, any stringed instrument harem!

After just having said in my thread that I think one only needs four electric guitars to cover all the bases. 😁

Attachments

• 20220901_125816.jpg
    20220901_125816.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220901_125831.jpg
    20220901_125831.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220901_125942.jpg
    20220901_125942.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220901_130059.jpg
    20220901_130059.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220901_130226.jpg
    20220901_130226.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220901_130323.jpg
    20220901_130323.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 4
  • seagull.png
    seagull.png
    347.2 KB · Views: 7
These threads are always fun. But admiring people's guitar collections just is.

Come to think of it.... I have never done a full family shot like this. Until today.

Every guitar has a story. Probably the most interesting guitar here is the wine red '79 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. My first guitar, my dad bought that for me in 1981 when I was 12. He died just a few years later. That guitar has been uh..... well loved.

GTR Harem.jpg

40 years.jpg

40 years - 2.jpg

Attachments

• GTR Harem.jpg
    GTR Harem.jpg
    9.6 MB · Views: 3
These threads are always fun. But admiring people's guitar collections just is.

Come to think of it.... I have never done a full family shot like this. Until today.

Every guitar has a story. Probably the most interesting guitar here is the wine red '79 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. My first guitar, my dad bought that for me in 1981 when I was 12. He died just a few years later. That guitar has been uh..... well loved.

View attachment 121007

View attachment 121001

View attachment 121004
Wow, that's a beauty! That's pretty sweet to be rockin' an actual Gibson at 12 years old! 🤘 When did you start playing?

By the way, I see some familiar Warm gear in the background there! 😁

Attachments

• Studio wide.jpg
    Studio wide.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 9
Wow, that's a beauty! That's pretty sweet to be rockin' an actual Gibson at 12 years old! 🤘 When did you start playing?
I was very fortunate. I started playing about 6 months before and had been sharing a Les Paul copy with my older stepbrother. It wasn't an ideal arrangement as we both began to practice and play a lot more at that time. So yeah.... I begged my dad for my own guitar - and lucked out with this one. Which pretty much altered my course going forward. I still play that guitar almost everyday.

Ha! yes sir... the WA gear has been good to me. I own a bunch of their stuff - and have been fortunate to have acquired nearly every piece new but on sale or discounted. Even the WA67 (mic) that can be seen in the family shot above - Sweetwater had that priced *accidentally* at $599 a few months ago. It was a mistake which was corrected in less than 24 hrs - but I got lucky and snagged it at the accidental lower price.

I see youve got the 76 and 2A compressors. Nice! Good gear. :thumbs up:

Last edited:
This bass was perfect for the tribute band - it has a higher action than any of my other basses, but it means you can twang and bash it a bit without any buzzes or odd rings. It also the only bass I have ever had where I changed strings when the old set were perfectly good - to stick on neon glowing ones! Under stage lights they're really great looking and ultra cheesy.

Attachments

• bas-g string.jpg
    bas-g string.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 10
Nice!
Is that red Tele swamp ash? I like it!

It is Northern Ash and a bit heavy. I have some book matched Swamp Ash I got from a builder down in Florida but never got around to building anything with it. This was the very first guitar I built. I'd often go through the piles of rough sawn at a specialty lumber company near where I live. One of the guys that worked there was a bass player and knew I was looking for very specific boards picked for tone. I'd pull boards and thump them along their length and feel and listen to the wood resonate. I got all sorts of species from this place including Sitka Spruce and before all the existing stock dried up, Rosewood.

I started out winding pickups and eventually ran out of things to put them into. Wife was becoming concerned at how many guitars I was collecting and jokingly threatened to divorce me if I bought another one. So I started building them. There is always a way around the rules. The banjo influenced the other smaller instruments as I liked the scale length and width of the 4 string neck. Ended up making a ton of cigar box guitars and designed pickup particular to fit 3 and 4 string box guitars that wouldn't require deep routing to fit.

I eventually lost interest in building and sold off all the woodworking machines including the planes and re-saw.

It is Northern Ash and a bit heavy. I have some book matched Swamp Ash I got from a builder down in Florida but never got around to building anything with it. This was the very first guitar I built. I'd often go through the piles of rough sawn at a specialty lumber company near where I live. One of the guys that worked there was a bass player and knew I was looking for very specific boards picked for tone. I'd pull boards and thump them along their length and feel and listen to the wood resonate. I got all sorts of species from this place including Sitka Spruce and before all the existing stock dried up, Rosewood.

I started out winding pickups and eventually ran out of things to put them into. Wife was becoming concerned at how many guitars I was collecting and jokingly threatened to divorce me if I bought another one. So I started building them. There is always a way around the rules. The banjo influenced the other smaller instruments as I liked the scale length and width of the 4 string neck. Ended up making a ton of cigar box guitars and designed pickup particular to fit 3 and 4 string box guitars that wouldn't require deep routing to fit.

I eventually lost interest in building and sold off all the woodworking machines including the planes and re-saw.
That's awesome. I suck at building things like guitars, so it's a wallet destroying thing for me. :ROFLMAO:

Back