Say No To Smoke Detectors

You're primarily a bass player? I'd never heard or thought a connection between the tapping Claypool does on My Friend Fats and Rush's La Villa Strangiato until I was listening a couple of days ago. Is it just me, what do you think? The part(s) right after the guitar lead break. I mean, we all whether intentionally or not are influenced by our music heroes, and might borrow a thing or two. Claypool being a bass player, and Geddy Lee...?
I think both of them go back to Tony Levin and King Crimson, right? And I think a lot of that goes back to the Chapman Stick. I think.

The Dead were AMAZING live. And HORRIBLE live. It really depended on Jerry and how fucked up Jerry was. The shows were always an experience. But there are some really terrible sounding shows.
John Mayer fixed all that in Dead and Co., though. WOOHOO. lol.

I saw a shirt years ago at a hippyfest that said "JOHN MAYER IS DEAD TO ME" and I thought that was just about the best shirt ever.

I think both of them go back to Tony Levin and King Crimson, right? And I think a lot of that goes back to the Chapman Stick. I think.

I have always admired the talent of the few people who were capable of playing a Chapman Stick.
I like this performance.

Back