Safe European Home - The Clash cover by The Greg

Why would I mix anything that's so excellently recorded? For one thing, it's easy to mix that stuff. For another thing, it's not, therefore, much of a contest. If somebody can't make your tracks sound good, they're morons.

There is a point made there. But, there is also the fact that it could be destroyed. I find it fun to take a chance at destroying it in the way that Gerg would hate. Samples/pitch correction/dancing naked girls ...

:)

I just need to find time to destroy....

Why would I mix anything that's so excellently recorded? For one thing, it's easy to mix that stuff. For another thing, it's not, therefore, much of a contest. If somebody can't make your tracks sound good, they're morons.

I hear you here. I was going to take some liberties with it, but the tracks sounded so well recorded, all I could really do was mix. Unless you were going to really rework the song, there wasn't much to do with it.

It's just for fun. Wouldn't you rather mix decent tracks as opposed to garbage tracks that you have to spend all of your time "fixing"?

Now you're describing my experience mixing my own stuff. Don't get so personal. :D

Try it. I do "fancy" a laugh, but you never know, you could win! Besides, you ever mixed drums and rip roaring bass and guitars before? And bad vocals? Give it a try!

LOL. Mixing this would be like me going to a gymnastics class and just hanging for an hour from the uneven bars. There is nothing I can even think of doing with this already master piece. :)

Not sure if I should be listening to this, since it might color my choices when I mix it. But, it's good to see you again, been too long; and Its great to hear that your performances have gotten even better than I remember from last I was here; so full of energy, chops, pep, and excitement! Chair boogie! :)

Haven't listened to that album in 20 years so I can't remember exactly how the original goes. First impressions on headphones this mix sounds a little more out of control than what I'm used to hearing from you. In the early part of the song the vocals seem a bit uneven and not sitting quite right. But it's weird as later on they seem to bed in much better. The mix is weighted a little heavily towards that stabbing guitar which is having no problem cutting through. Minor quibbles aside though this is a great version. All that new gear obviously hasn't affected your chops!

Not sure if I should be listening to this, since it might color my choices when I mix it. But, it's good to see you again, been too long; and Its great to hear that your performances have gotten even better than I remember from last I was here; so full of energy, chops, pep, and excitement! Chair boogie! :)
Wow, blast from the past! Thanks for checking in and good to see you again! What the hell have you been up to?

Haven't listened to that album in 20 years so I can't remember exactly how the original goes. First impressions on headphones this mix sounds a little more out of control than what I'm used to hearing from you. In the early part of the song the vocals seem a bit uneven and not sitting quite right. But it's weird as later on they seem to bed in much better. The mix is weighted a little heavily towards that stabbing guitar which is having no problem cutting through. Minor quibbles aside though this is a great version. All that new gear obviously hasn't affected your chops!
Thanks dude. I agree the "stabbing guitar" is a little too out there. Thanks for checking it out.

Back