Running Away

Wow. That's amazing how good you can get your recordings to sound. I'm guessing a big part of the quality is the pre-amp.

Yeah, however now i have an allen and heath mixer that i'll be running the toms and over heads through before they go into the sound cards, and the kick and snare will stay through the preamp

And with my new recording techniques for guitar and bass, my next recording should be pretty good :)

Sounds good. The "away from me" part seems to be missing some low end. I like the doubling of the vocals here.

I would redo the guitars in the intro - the one string is out of tune (too flat).

Get rid of those clicks and pops - whatever the problem is. If you're running out of cpu, try to bounce a track w/ fx on it to a new track, and then mute the old track to save cpu. Or try new drivers, if you haven't already.

Nice tune overall - I dig. Your stuff reminds me a lot of my old band, and the new band my old partner in crime started out in Eugene Oregon. Check out some of their tunes online: http://www.efn.org/~klaus/takimoto.htm
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=221500&T=8988

Brendan Brennan
www.pinkhumpy.com

The clicks and pops have been coming directly onto the recording... But that seems to have stopped since i installed a new sound card.

We'll see i guess.

I'm getting my home studio up and running. Here is a list of my equipment, tell me what you think I should improve in order to get the quality that you received.

- Tascam US-122 Interface
- Shure PG57 Microphones
- Behringer Eurorack 602A Mixer
- Cubasis Software

Thanks.

Behringer has never given me good recordings for everything, they are always bland in my opinion.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but a pg57 is like very low line shure right? I'd recommend getting a 57 and reading articles on mic positioning. Cause then you'd be pretty fine. It would never hurt to get a good mic preamp. Mine was about 400 i think when i got it more then a year ago.

Yeah, you are correct about the PG57. So, I'm thinking of getting a better mixer, possibly a Mackie, etc, some SM57's and just read articles and books about mic placement. Do you think I would be able to get excellent quality recordings with that setup?

Depends on your definition of excellent. You'd be able to get the quality that i got yeah as long as you learn EQing (which i'm still learning my self, i've been told i get a lot of low end distortion in my mixes)

Back