Roswell, Paul Carusoe and are there or are there not flying saucers..ahem. or UFO's?

No Bubba not joking...Nye's a smart guy...he was out numbered and out of his league from an educational and military experience background in the discussion that went on in the video...

The only degree he has actually ever "earned", meaning he actually had to do the work and pass the test is a mechanical engineering degree at Cornell ..he has been awarded several "honorary doctorates" because of his celebrity status but then again so has Mike Tyson, Kylie Minogue, Oprah and Ben Affleck.

All I saw was a bunch of people angrily demanding that their eyewitness testimony be accepted as concrete evidence. Nye, as a skeptical thinker and scientist, demands better evidence than angry assertions and aggressive bluster such as "Are you calling me a liar?" Shame on them and props to Nye for sticking to his guns. If we ran courts of law on the "my degree is better than yours" and "are you calling me a liar" standards of evidence, then we would be roundly criticised and rightly so.

Also "may I speak, Mr. Comedian" is nothing more than a contemptible "go get your shinebox" insult. The man was a tool. Oh, and Bill saying "It's quite a step" is NOT an ad hominem.

All I saw was a bunch of people angrily demanding that their eyewitness testimony be accepted as concrete evidence. Nye, as a skeptical thinker and scientist, demands better evidence than angry assertions and aggressive bluster such as "Are you calling me a liar?" Shame on them and props to Nye for sticking to his guns. If we ran courts of law on the "my degree is better than yours" and "are you calling me a liar" standards of evidence, then we would be roundly criticised and rightly so.

Also "may I speak, Mr. Comedian" is nothing more than a contemptible "go get your shinebox" insult. The man was a tool. Oh, and Bill saying "It's quite a step" is NOT an ad hominem.

We can argue who "won" the debate till the cows come home and not agree...

You're right they bullied him...they were insulted and annoyed that a guy with zero experience in a nuclear facility would expound upon his ignorance about 10 nukes powering down at the same time..

Though much of what they spoke of was eye witness .. keep in mind as a society we allow people to be sentenced to death based upon eye witness testimony of credible witness's.....I'd say these guys would qualify as pretty credible.

These and 100's of other military people are putting their lives and reputations on the line to try and get our government to come clean with the physical evidence they have.. You may or may not believe it's being hidden...me I am pretty certain it is and it will eventually be disclosed.

I thought it was "pwned", as in the p key is just too damned close to the o key, and it caught on with all the cool innernet kids?

Hey Greg, i've been meaning to ask you something but didn't feel like starting a thread or searching out a fishing thread. (sorry to go off topic).

On your kayak, I think i've seen you reference anchoring. Did you purchase an anchoring system, or did you rig one yourself? I have an anchor, but I just tie it off to the side handle, which positions me broadside to the current. A trolley system would be nice to position the anchor line to the front so i'm facing into the current. Also, the wife recently got her anchor hung on underwater structure, a rock or piece of concrete. Rather than lose the anchor I got out of my kayak to retrieve the anchor. That was probably pretty damn stupid because there's no telling how many rigs have been lost on the rock. Hooks a-plenty, if i'd have gotten hooked i'd have been fucked. I should have one of those break-away things on the top of the anchor so it can be turned upside down when hung-up.

Anyway, I know there is no shortage of advice on rigging anchors online, but would be interested in your take. Thanks, and sorry for going off topic, folks.

I thought it was "pwned", as in the p key is just too damned close to the o key, and it caught on with all the cool innernet kids?

Hey Greg, i've been meaning to ask you something but didn't feel like starting a thread or searching out a fishing thread. (sorry to go off topic).

On your kayak, I think i've seen you reference anchoring. Did you purchase an anchoring system, or did you rig one yourself? I have an anchor, but I just tie it off to the side handle, which positions me broadside to the current. A trolley system would be nice to position the anchor line to the front so i'm facing into the current. Also, the wife recently got her anchor hung on underwater structure, a rock or piece of concrete. Rather than lose the anchor I got out of my kayak to retrieve the anchor. That was probably pretty damn stupid because there's no telling how many rigs have been lost on the rock. Hooks a-plenty, if i'd have gotten hooked i'd have been fucked. I should have one of those break-away things on the top of the anchor so it can be turned upside down when hung-up.

Anyway, I know there is no shortage of advice on rigging anchors online, but would be interested in your take. Thanks, and sorry for going off topic, folks.
lol

If them fackin yewfoes had anchors you can bet they wouldn't get hung up on nuthin.

Bill Nye killed those fools. True believers are annoying. I've wanted to believe since I was a little kid but I ain't seen nuthin yet.

I've lost a few anchors on hang ups myself. I even dove after one one time. Didn't succeed.

I use a trolley setup that I made from some nylon rope and stainless pulleys. I usually anchor off the stern and face with the wind. Sometimes I'll trolley the anchor forward to spin myself around. Depends on wind and current. Very rarely do I anchor off the side. Usually front or back. The anchor line clips to the trolley line with a caribiner and there's a large float on the anchor line. With this, I can hook into a big toothy and just un-clip the anchor so he can pull me around until I wear him out. When all that's done, the float on the anchor line shows me where it's at and I just paddle back to it.

I anchor off my left side, so nothing else goes over there. I'll float a bait bucket on that side, but very little fishing happens over there. I don't want a hooked fish getting all tangled up in the fucking anchor line. This is another advantage of the floating clip-on anchor line. If you get something big, un-clip yourself and get the fuck way from the anchor line. Most of my casting is done to my right or straight ahead. If it's calm I'll sit sideways across the yak and get my feet wet.

Thanks. Now back to the discussion.

Saw a headline today, something about an unidentified something or another being filmed outside of the space station. Probably just space junk. Who knows of they are really out there, or visiting. If so i'm sure we're good for an occasional face palm or belly laugh, little else. lol and face palm @ "Bill Nye The Science Guy". It rhymes! Comical, yet impressive. It's like, finally, a scientist with a sense of humor! But don't get the wrong idea, this is serious stuff, the comic is a scientist! Pick a lane.

Bill Neye ain't a science guy. He's just a talking head, someone that gets trotted out by the media to do the job, which is to support the position they want to feed us.

I got no opinion on UFOs, strong opinions anyway, but I recognise media shills when I see one.

You bring someone on TV enough, they become a familiar face. People tend to trust a familiar face much more than a strange face. Even if that strange face is a bona-fide expert on what they are discussing and the familiar face is an idiot.
:D

Last edited:
I wish aliens had visited us.
Still, not a single shread of credible evidence has been presented, despite the 100s of claimants.

I wish aliens had visited us.
Still, not a single shread of credible evidence has been presented

Here's a tasty shred of evidence... living proof.......This band was definitely not of this world.....:D...damn they pulled this off live...

Here's a tasty shred of evidence... living proof.......This band was definitely not of this world.....:D...damn they pulled this off live...

Haha awesome. My favorite FZ album. ;)

There's a jazzier intro version on the new FZ live dvd that was released recently [Roxy the Movie]

Another pretty solid person who believes the Roswell saucer crash incident was exactly what Major Jesse Marcel announced to the world it was HERE

Ben Mezrich who is famous for writing the non fiction "bringing down the house" and several other non fiction books...Below is a link to a Ted talk he did recently on the topic...

Roswell is the smoking gun....the Air force just keeps the gun locked up in a vault and to date, even our elected Presidents have not been able to get the actual files released.....

Here's the Ted talk video

Another pretty solid person who believes the Roswell saucer crash incident

Being 'solid' doesn't necessarily indicate credibility. Lots of supposedly 'solid' people believe all manner of weird stuff.

Pareidolia is the phenomenon when people see faces in toast, i.e. they perceive a pattern where none exists. I think there must be a similar phenomenon that applies to things other than faces in clouds or whatever, e.g. chemtrails, UFOs and so on.

Pareidolia is the phenomenon when people see faces in toast, i.e. they perceive a pattern where none exists. I think there must be a similar phenomenon that applies to things other than faces in clouds or whatever, e.g. chemtrails, UFOs and so on.

Absolutely agreed most UFO's are exactly that, Unidentified Flying Objects and just mistaken for something "not of this earth"

You must not of watched the video because it has nothing to do with a dubious sighting. We're talking physical evidence that dozens of real people both military and civilian have testified they saw of a crashed metal ship. The same ship that on Tuesday, July 8, 1947 the Roswell Daily Record published a U S Air force issued press release to the world about.

"The intelligence office of the 509th Bombardment group at Roswell Army Air Field announced at noon today, that the field has come into possession of a flying saucer.
According to information released by the department, over authority of Maj. J. A. Marcel, intelligence officer, the disk was recovered on a ranch in the Roswell vicinity, after an unidentified rancher had notified Sheriff Geo. Wilcox, here, that he had found the instrument on his premises. Major Marcel and a detail from his department went to the ranch and recovered the disk, it was stated.
After the intelligence officer here had inspected the instrument it was flown to higher headquarters.
The intelligence office stated that no details of the saucer's construction or its appearance had been revealed."

And then the next day...major Marcel is forced to participate in a cover up story of the same (Years later admits it was a cover up) "Oops! silly me, my bad, it was weather balloon...doooof!"

Eventually the truth will be set free but as of yet not.....

My dad and I once saw what looked like a slowly flying boxcar.

Ridiculous, but as the saying goes, "I know what I saw."

It is easy to be skeptical of something you can't touch, see , feel or that people you trust tell you what you think is right or wrong. Most 3 year olds being told Santa Claus is real believe Santa is real...and then as they put the pieces of the puzzle together and friends collectively agree that the Santa thing is BS they come to know the truth.

There were lots of good reasons why the governments of the world ( parents ) would not want us to know that there are superior beings here on planet earth be they extraterrestrial or terrestrial.

I put being told that superior beings have not been here on earth over the last 60 years on par with being told Santa is real in other words I call BS.

Aside from the Roswell incident and dozens of other official military "incidents", You have to be a pretty damn incredible human being both mentally and physically to be chosen as an astronaut...The fact that both astronauts Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell (6th man on the moon) have put their reputations and legacies therein on the line by openly admitting they have seen with their own eyes and believe that we have been visited by advanced superior beings is enough for me to believe it is just a matter of time for the truth to be put out that the world is not flat and we have and are on a continuing basis being observed by superior beings.

THIS VIDEO INTERVIEW with Gordon Cooper is pretty damn convincing..

Edgar Mitchell Video

Last edited:
Here's some quotes going back to the late 40's from Prominent World Government and Military Officials of their opinions / experiences / conclusions of the phenomenon.

HERE

Me, I'm a believer

I just read the first post and this last page, but I can't say I ever to too hung-up on Roswell. We had newspaper coverage of the battle of L.A. and ships over D.C.. Plus, there's all that German technology in the last war and spoken words from NASA's Paperclip allocation. Governments have been know to be pretty adept at dis-information, also, so they may look to see if they, or, Hollywood can Capitalize on a breaking story

Back