Rock mix

Ironklad Audio said:
within 2 seconds, i could tell this is the best mix i've heard here in weeks...as far heavy shit goes that is

then the vocals kicked in - i can't really say i dig the reverb on the vocals in the verse, but it's pretty typical of this type of shit, so my opinion is pretty moot there

all in all everything sounds really nice and balanced...the lead tone on the guitars kills, and i'm liking the spaciousness of the kit in terms of toms and cymbals

Right on bro!!! +1
So ill be posting the revisions today, lets hope thy fly.

Very powerful sound/mix....love the guitars! This has a very modern sound to it..guitars are very upfront while the vocals seem a bit verby to my ears...solo is awesome!!
Great job, really enjoyed this!

variaxman said:
Very powerful sound/mix....love the guitars! This has a very modern sound to it..guitars are very upfront while the vocals seem a bit verby to my ears...solo is awesome!!
Great job, really enjoyed this!

As sure as eggs is eggs"????

What the fuck dude?! LOL

I think everybody just screwed up your vox!

On the first few stops there is a slapback from the verb in the void on the first version. Now, it sounds unnatural - the way it cuts off. If that makes sense. I suck at explaining audio over the internet!

Yeah, the verb cuts off abruptly, given that it sounds pretty wet during the phrase. Maybe a short (300 MS or so) decay at the phrase end would nail it. Personally, I'd like the main vox with a bit less verb all around.

xfinsterx said:
I figured id wait a while and get my chops up more before i returned.

-Chris

Yer such a shithead. :) Like your chops need work.

Though, the rapid fire kicks near the beginning are not as even as I remember them from some of the past things you've posted... but hell, I can't double kick to save my arse, so what do I know? :)

I don't know enough about mixing this genre to give you qualified critique on that piece of the deal, but somehow, I wanted more bottom. The performances rawk universally.

NL5 said:
I think everybody just screwed up your vox!

On the first few stops there is a slapback from the verb in the void on the first version. Now, it sounds unnatural - the way it cuts off. If that makes sense. I suck at explaining audio over the internet!

Bah!

Forget it man.
Its in the vault now love it or leave it.

Llarion said:
Yer such a shithead. :) Like your chops need work.

Though, the rapid fire kicks near the beginning are not as even as I remember them from some of the past things you've posted... but hell, I can't double kick to save my arse, so what do I know? :)

I don't know enough about mixing this genre to give you qualified critique on that piece of the deal, but somehow, I wanted more bottom. The performances rawk universally.

Oh?

A shit head?

You couldnt be more correct sir.

I like the second version better, but NL5 is right in a way. I'd still vote for a quarter delay on the main vox to fill the voids. ;)

2nd mix sounds better. The kick seems pretty loud at the start of the song.
Toms are great sounding IMO.

Eck

ecktronic said:
2nd mix sounds better. The kick seems pretty loud at the start of the song.
Toms are great sounding IMO.

Eck

It sounds better than it did to you because the guitars are fatter.
Good advise. And look no mud either.
Anyways, too much kick drum???

Dude how NOT metal is that?? LOL

xfinsterx said:
It sounds better than it did to you because the guitars are fatter.
Good advise. And look no mud either.
Anyways, too much kick drum???

Dude how NOT metal is that?? LOL
Yeah I did only listen quickly but I thought it was the guitars sounding fuller that made the 2nd mix sound better. Yeah the low mids are a tricky part in guitars I usually find. Takes me alot of small tweaks before I can settle on the right sound.

Eck

The kick drum sounds slightly too upfront in the mix compared to the HH and cymbals imho.

Great stuff as always - no nits really at all.

Back