RIP my doggie

That really sucks :(
It's terrible that you had to see her degenerate like that but awesome that you did so much to make her as comfortable as you could.

My first dog (a chocolate lab named cookie 198972_1006144675682_6819_n.jpg) died in 2010 and her health declined in a similar way. She had heartworms, but apparently the medication the vet gave made it worse. We didn't find out until after the fact when another friend who was a vet told us it's best to just leave everything alone because the shots and pills just make it worse. Our other dog was diagnosed with it at the time as well - but almost 4 years later he's just fine (he refused to take the medicine).

In a related story yesterday on her way from campus my sister saw a truck flip into a water filled ditch. The guy got out holding his head but was only asking my sister where his puppy went. She went driving around the wooded area looking for it for an hour with no luck :'( She's really beating herself up over not seeing where it went cause she's had a little maltese for 10 years too.

Here's to Kira, all other dogs, and their greatness :drunk:

Back