respraying an old outboard unit? any advice?

Let me rephrase that what I meant to say was that since my last few posts, I've started looking for and watching instructional videos and reading up on how to do what I have been asking about. (I should have done that earlier). I kinda felt silly to be asking basic stuff like that, taking advantage of the good guys on this board, always willing to help. (By the way, all good and helpful information from all of you). Not that I have the "answer", mind you but rather that I'm on top of it. If I have any other issues, which I can't find any answer to, I'll report back. In any case, I'll update this thread with whatever happens. Still unsure what I'll do but the process of finding out how all this works will help me to decide.

I am not really familiar with your unit but have refurbished many such projects. Think..... When the unit was made, each part was sprayed before it was assembled. Disassemble and spray the parts and don't touch the face you are talking about masking. Use the spray cans in light coats as someone else noted. You will be amazed with the results. You were going to discard a reverb unit? Please discard it my way ('o')

Back