Replace my C1000S with what cheap condenser?

IMO, the Oktava MC-012's are nicer drum overhead mic's than the 797 Audio/Studio Projects B1's or Oktava MC-319's.

GC has as much of a chance of running out of 319's as Walmart does of running out of George Forman grilles. It's a staple product. I do, however, love it when the guy behind the counter tells me I should buy one today, cause he doesn't know how much longer they'll keep that mic in stock. I love to answer, "Probably until GC goes out of business."

I use the 319s as overheads, acoustics, amps, and vocals and get wonderful results. I've bought 5 of them from GC and haven't had a problem w/ QC on any of them. And to that, i've tested several from stock when purchasing, and each has been audibly consistent with the available stock. When I say audible, I mean that me and my partner run the stock through vocal and acoustic guitar and whatever board they have powered up. I've probably tested 30 of theirs during the 1here/1there purchases, and didn't find one bad one. On top of that, our (5) 319's were purchased far enough apart that they are most likely from different lots. (over the course of 1.75 yrs) And, I constantly interchange the five without issue.

Blind Cowboy...

I pay $100.00 for the mic and shockmount. They can lower the price on the mic to $80, and the mount to $20. This isn't during a sale, or anything, just regular day.

I haven't seen them on sale for $50.00 at my store, ever. Not to say it doesn't, just that I haven't been there when it does.

I just tell the guy that I want a 319 with the shock mount, and all i've got is a $100.00 in my pocket. They make it work...

Blind Cowboy...

Back