Removing Counter Roller from Tascam TSR-8

diskobox

Hello,

The rubber on my counter roller has cracked and I want to send it to Terry's Rubber Rollers for him to restore it. However, although I can unscrew the pinch roller with no problems, the counter roller does not appear to unscrew.

Before I go unscrewing the casing to my TSR-8 and delving inside...does anyone know for sure how the counter roller comes off?

:guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::facepalm:

Thank you

Ian

It's a bit of a PITA. You have to take the front panel off. And then remove screws from a sensor that keeps the counter roller from simply pulling off like the pinch roller does. Once you get the front panel off you'll see what I mean.

Not sure how it is on the TSR-8....but when I pulled it on my Fostex, I didn't realize there was a strobe disc decal on the inside, and I managed to damage it just enough so that the counter was not working right.
Luckily Fostex at the time still had the stick-on strobe decals (some use metal punched out discs)....so the repair was easy enough.

Anyway....just be careful pulling that and do like Beck said.

Those clips are called "jesus'" clips-that's what comes out of your mouth when they fly off into the room never to be seen again...

Those clips are called "jesus'" clips-that's what comes out of your mouth when they fly off into the room never to be seen again...

Oh I know this only too well :laughings: It's bad enough when one flies away in a nice clean? studio, you should try it in a dirty workshop when working on a car.

Alan.

I just sent my MSR-16 out for a new rebuild counter roller..........I'd try it myself but afraid I'd fxxx it up worse & pay even more.

Back