Religion-based Argument

Lucifer (Devil) is another thought.
Lucifer is winning.
You should thank God that one of Lucifer's followers hasn't robbed you at gunpoint yet, stealing your electric bike.
R U kidding yourself, robbers don't follow Lucifer. Most of them are good Christians gone astray and all they have to do is ask Jesus
for forgiveness and they are forgiven. Lucifer don't work that way.

Let's just get all the ugly shit out in the open. I'm going away for a week so have fun with it.

Any statements, arguments, suppositions or justifications based on religious doctrine, religion or any deity are to be considered irrational by definition, given no consideration and stricken from the record.

This needs to be included in the Constitution of the United States of America.

See ya'...

lou
So you're gonna pull the pin on a conflict grenade, toss it into the middle of the room and run out - lol.

Citizens are free to embrace any religious belief or no religious belief - the Framers deliberately gave religious scripture no force of law and separated church and state. No, the specific words "separation of church and state" aren't in the Constitution, it's inherent in the structure of the Constitution. The only mentions of religion in the Constitution are exclusionary - no state religion, no religious test. This wasn't by accident.

No matter how badly some may want to pretend otherwise, "Nature's God" and "Creator" in the DoI aren't references to a biblical deity. Regarding the non-volitional workings of the universe as the "Creator" from whence mankind came works fine. All life is composed of the stuff of the universe so clearly there's a connection.

Tomorrow everyone in America could declare themselves atheists, completely renounce any prior religious affiliation, turn houses of worship of all faiths into restaurants and bowling alleys and the Constitution would work just fine.

Last edited:
Tomorrow everyone in America could declare themselves atheists, completely denounce any prior religious affiliation, turn houses of worship of all faiths into restaurants and bowling alleys and the Constitution would work just fine.

Years ago, I knew a guy. He bought a rundown Catholic Church and turned it into a recording studio.
Needless to say the Regan religious right in the community was not amused.

Years ago, I knew a guy. He bought a rundown Catholic Church and turned it into a recording studio.
CBS 30th street studio in NY was a church. Great records came from there.

There have been some superb classical trumpet recordings made in cathedrals and churches - fantastic natural reverb.

Here's a couple of great examples by fantastic players Caleb Hudson and Markus Würsch.

Piccolo trumpet. It takes a lot of control to get a nice rich sound like his out of a piccolo trumpet - it's really easy to sound like a strangled goose if you don't support it the right way.

Last edited:
Citizens are free to embrace any religious belief or no religious belief
Yes -- not because religion has no role in politics, but rather because politics have no role in religion. See the distinction? The state cannot establish / enforce a religion the way the English did. There is nothing whatsoever about individuals not being allowed to act according to their religious convictions in political circles.
No, the specific words "separation of church and state" aren't in the Constitution, it's inherent in the structure of the Constitution.
Now that is no accident. Actually inherent to the structure of the Constitution is recognition of a higher law / ideal which the Constitution attempts to interpret -- and doesn't fail in the least, I must say.
Tomorrow everyone in America could declare themselves atheists, completely renounce any prior religious affiliation, turn houses of worship of all faiths into restaurants and bowling alleys and the Constitution would work just fine.
I think there would be some quite serious socio-economical turmoil -- the kind the Constitution would probably not survive -- before that happens.
In my area there are many churches -- mostly United and Presbyterian I believe -- being converted into houses. I have thought of turning one into a studio, but whew! the market is not in my favor lol...

And yeah...
So you're gonna pull the pin on a conflict grenade, toss it into the middle of the room and run out - lol.
I was not really interested in contributing to this thread until I realized that it would rapidly take a turn from its original intent 8-)

Most feel the same way about the LGBTQ movement. Yet it’s being shoved down our throats.
It IS the new religion.
Turn off the TV, you will feel better. Since I have moved south I have been told twice that I am going to hell because I was raised Catholic and am the spawn of the devil. They at least got it half right.

Turn off the TV, you will feel better. Since I have moved south I have been told twice that I am going to hell because I was raised Catholic and am the spawn of the devil. They at least got it half right.
I haven’t had a tv for years, and I feel fine.

Thanks for caring.

I haven’t had a tv for years, and I feel fine.

Thanks for caring.
Then whats your beef, what gets you all riled up?. Did an immigrant steal your job?. Did a drag queen touch you in a bad place? Did a priest or your boyscout leader bugger you?. Did someone steal your tax money and give it to the Ukrainians? Were you bullied in school? Did your candidate lose?

Back