Religion-based Argument

Sky Blue Lou

Let's just get all the ugly shit out in the open. I'm going away for a week so have fun with it.

Any statements, arguments, suppositions or justifications based on religious doctrine, religion or any deity are to be considered irrational by definition, given no consideration and stricken from the record.

This needs to be included in the Constitution of the United States of America.

See ya'...

lou

If there is only one god what is all the debate about?
Good question!

It stands to reason that if it was, infact, a singular God who created every living creature on this round globe we inhabit, in His own image, it's very reasonable to assume that He royally screwed up when He endowed us (all species) with free will. Maybe yes. Maybe no.

It's also reasonable to conclude it possible that The Father and The Son didn't always meet each other eye to eye in agreeance.

It's also reasonable to conclude it possible that The Father and The Son didn't always meet each other eye to eye in agreeance.
Err... what?

Anyway, I find the whole premise of this thread rather useless and definitely not worth investing time in. There is no such thing as
stricken from the record.

This needs to be included in the Constitution of the United States of America.
It's unconstitutional.

Err... what?
I'll explain it this way. Years ago, my father was a staunch defender of President Nixon. I liked Nixon too, but Nixon took his paranoia to the extreme level when he attempted to provide cover for people directly involved at Watergate. My father defended Nixon's actions. I did not. Hence, the father versus son comment.

To take it a step further. I have three daughters who don't always agree with me. That's a good thing! Father doesn't always know best! Old TV show reference, by the way, old chap.

I'll explain it this way. Years ago, my father was a staunch defender of President Nixon. I liked Nixon too, but Nixon took his paranoia to the extreme level when he attempted to provide cover for people directly involved at Watergate. My father defended Nixon's actions. I did not. Hence, the father versus son comment.

To take it a step further. I have three daughters who don't always agree with me. That's a good thing! Father doesn't always know best! Old TV show reference, by the way, old chap.
But in a perfect relationship, i.e., between Persons of a God (why oh why does that sound like System of a Down), there would not be a disagreement. That would be just too similar to an identity crisis lol.

Good question!

It stands to reason that if it was, infact, a singular God who created every living creature on this round globe we inhabit, in His own image, it's very reasonable to assume that He royally screwed up when He endowed us (all species) with free will. Maybe yes. Maybe no.

God didn't give us free will. He kept us bound in ignorance. We didn't obtain our free will until Lucifer convinced us to eat from the tree of knowledge, freeing us from that bondage. At that time we became as one of the gods knowing good from evil. If it weren't for Lucifer, Adam and Eve would still be putzzing around the garden sucking up to the big guy in ignorance and we wouldn't even be here. In essence, we are all Lucifers children, and he is always getting the bad rap. You know I always lie and if you believe this, let me tell you about Jesus.

God didn't give us free will. He kept us bound in ignorance. We didn't obtain our free will until Lucifer convinced us to eat from the tree of knowledge, freeing us from that bondage. At that time we became as one of the gods knowing good from evil. If it weren't for Lucifer, Adam and Eve would still be putzzing around the garden sucking up to the big guy in ignorance and we wouldn't even be here. In essence, we are all Lucifers children, and he is always getting the bad rap. You know I always lie and if you believe this, let me tell you about Jesus.
So what your really saying is we should have some sympathy for the devil.....Mick agrees.

But in a perfect relationship.......
Perfect relationships don't exist among or outside of family relationships to each other.
I've been witness to more than one battle between my two sisters. So far, so good. It's a struggle to keep the two of them thinking that I'm on their side.

So what your really saying is we should have some sympathy for the devil.
Given the supposition that if God exists and is all forgiving it stands to to reason that God would forgive the Devil.

It's doubtful that the Devil adheres to any rules of game play.

Back