Recording acoustic guitar, 2 mic configuration. One nice SDC, the other???

A good mic picking up the acoustic guitar's real sound is going to top a piezo pickup - any day
I agree, in principle.
unless you want that honky piezo sound. I've tried blending the pickup sound in (with Taylor pickups) and never liked it.
I guess I just come from that wing of recording in which experiments with sound will sometimes net a more interesting sound than the standard fare.
I don't use any set-up exclusively.

A good mic picking up the acoustic guitar's real sound is going to top a piezo pickup - any day - unless you want that honky piezo sound. I've tried blending the pickup sound in (with Taylor pickups) and never liked it.
Thank you for your input. On a previous guitar I had an undersaddle transducer pickup that would sometimes cause weird sounds. I'm not sure what type of pickup was in your Taylor but the k&k pure mini pickups I've had installed in a couple of my instruments have never honked at me live or in the studio. Maybe your definition of "honky" is different than mine. Are you talking about a car honking its horn? Maybe a duck quacking? Or a western clad white guy yodeling?

Thank you for your input. On a previous guitar I had an undersaddle transducer pickup that would sometimes cause weird sounds. I'm not sure what type of pickup was in your Taylor but the k&k pure mini pickups I've had installed in a couple of my instruments have never honked at me live or in the studio. Maybe your definition of "honky" is different than mine. Are you talking about a car honking its horn? Maybe a duck quacking? Or a western clad white guy yodeling?
Piezo 'quack'. Its a well-known mid-hi thing.

Back