REAPER update to 5.0

I'm not sure all is well with Reaper 5.? I updated as soon as it came out. I'm noticing long load times when loading a project that has a lot of plugins. By long I mean a minute or more. I never saw this before version 5.

I was experiencing long load times before upgrading, but once I got my machine cleaned out, everything was fine again.

So I updated my main recording rig this week. The first major thing that I'm noticing is that there is more stuff in the UI. This is kind of obnoxious for that machine since I've only got a single 12" screen on it. I found a way to clear some of the clutter, but a lot of the stuff I'm used to having for quick reference is gone now. :(

Curious. What clutter did you have to get rid of?

I didn't particularly like the new GUI, and I switched back to the v4 default almost straight away. I liked the v4 default because it was clean, simple and functional. The v5 theme is probably just as functional, but to my eyes looks messy. But I can't see how you can removed anything to make it less so.

Curious. What clutter did you have to get rid of?

I didn't particularly like the new GUI, and I switched back to the v4 default almost straight away. I liked the v4 default because it was clean, simple and functional. The v5 theme is probably just as functional, but to my eyes looks messy. But I can't see how you can removed anything to make it less so.

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I feel like some of the new functionality has icons in the UI by default.

I figured out how to switch between the other themes, and it turns out that the docker at the bottom of the screen is a solid 5-10% bigger than before. I guess it's not so much that they added stuff to the UI as they made everything bigger than it used to be. (Though, honestly, I have a spacebar. The "play" button has always been clutter!)

Back