Rare Photos

Steaks can be good that way, but I gotta have the smoke taste for a good rib eye. I modded my grill to burn super hot. 2 minutes, turn 90 degrees, 2 minutes, flip, 2 minutes, turn 90 degrees, 2 minutes and done. 8 minutes total. Plus I rotate my steaks around the grill every time I spin or flip, so none of them stays in a hot spot the whole time. -That's assuming steaks are a little over an inch thick and the weather is decent and not too windy. If it's cold or windy you gotta add time. Just salt and pepper - in liberal amounts.

Turn them 45 degrees. Cross hatching much more professional looking than squares. :thumbs up:

Back on track, here's a pic of (l-r) Kenny Gradney (b), Paul Barrere (g), Robert Plant, Richie Hayward (d) and Bill Payne (k). Everyone you don't know are members of Little Feat. After Lowell George died (and Richie recovered from yet another motorcycle accident) Richie moved to England and played drums for Robert Plant's touring band until Little Feat got back together in 1987. Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were huge Little Feat fans and always went out of their way to see them when the tours were close. The same is true of the Stones.

Feats Plant.jpg

And getting back off track :laughings: , here's a pic of some grilling.

Lamb Well done.jpg
This was last year's Easter lamb. It was 43# and I cooked it for 7 hours over hardwood coal and apple wood. As I'm Eastern Orthodox Christian, my Easter is coming up in a couple of weeks. And I'm pretty sure we'll be doing another lamb this year.

This is a good one.

example-of-a-rare-steak.jpg

Not bad. A bottle of red wine and I'd say. . . YEP.

---------- Update ----------

I don't really like steaks. Most overrated food ever.

You must suck at cooking steak, then. A perfectly done steak is the business. You can't even argue against that.

You must suck at cooking steak, then. A perfectly done steak is the business. You can't even argue against that.

You must suck at arguing then because that's a stupid argument.
I can easily argue that even a perfectly done steak ist not to my taste. That happens. That people have different tastes.
It's completely subjective.

Last edited:
I can easily argue that even a perfectly done steak ist not to my taste. That happens. That people have different tastes.

He's a troll, don't sweat it.

I'm kind of with you though. I LOVE steak, but for me, it has to be certain kinds of steaks. I like lean steaks. Filet, strip, sirloin. The fatty marbled steaks are not for me. I don't want to develop my jaw muscles trying to gnaw through rubbery fat. That usually puts me at odds with other steak lovers, but I'm also not obese with clogged arteries and 70 pounds of meat-shit clogging up my colon, so I have that going for me.

I'm kind of with you though. I LOVE steak, but for me, it has to be certain kinds of steaks. I like lean steaks. Filet, strip, sirloin. The fatty marbled steaks are not for me. I don't want to develop my jaw muscles trying to gnaw through rubbery fat. That usually puts me at odds with other steak lovers, but I'm also not obese with clogged arteries and 70 pounds of meat-shit clogging up my colon, so I have that going for me.

if it's aged, handled, and cooked right, the fat from a ribeye is supposed to melt in your mouth...not be overly chewy. FYI. And believe me, i'm nowhere near obese

I don't think the statements were to be a debate over the healthiness, or the fitness of different cuts of steak, but to say that everyone's taste buds are different...not to speak for Greg, but that's what I got from his statement.

EDIT
Sorry, that was DrSpring's comment I was referring to, not Greg's. Should have read closer, before responding. :)

if it's aged, handled, and cooked right, the fat from a ribeye is supposed to melt in your mouth...not be overly chewy. FYI. And believe me, i'm nowhere near obese

I just don't like the fat - melty or chewy. I don't like gristle either. Yuck. Fat and gristle often go hand in hand. I prefer the very lean stuff for steaks. Fatty juicy hamburger - good. Fatty steak - no thanks.

i have a buddy who gets his steaks well-done...i just don't see the point i guess. the flavor is in the fat, that's where the juiciness and taste comes from. Had one on Saturday, coincidentally. Agree on the burgers though.

i have a buddy who gets his steaks well-done...i just don't see the point i guess. the flavor is in the fat, that's where the juiciness and taste comes from. Had one on Saturday, coincidentally. Agree on the burgers though.

I don't like them well done either. Medium is plenty. A medium lean steak is plenty juicy though. I think it comes from superfast superhot cooking. The juice can't escape. One flip and done. I know guys that let their steaks sit there on low heat and drip all down the grill. Dumb. Just give me the fucking hot dog instead.

There is nobody on earth who hates steak. . . not even vegans. . . not even fellow cows. EVERYONE likes steak.

Sarcasm =/= trolling, you steak hating so and so. Seriously though, everyone I've ever met who wasn't a vegan or vegetarian that said they didn't like steak, it's because they had only eaten it burnt to a crisp. I've converted several steak haters into steak lovers, personally.

Not all steaks are marbled.

Sarcasm =/= trolling, you steak hating so and so. Seriously though, everyone I've ever met who wasn't a vegan or vegetarian that said they didn't like steak, it's because they had only eaten it burnt to a crisp. I've converted several steak haters into steak lovers, personally.

Not all steaks are marbled.

Do you even read a thread before you pollute all over it?

Back